|Date Posted||May 25, 2021|
|Address||645 Science Drive|
Position primarily involves the safe and efficient manufacturing of API’s according to cGMP requirements. The role of Production Scientist, Associate is primarily focused on performing required production operations to support the end users and patients of the compounds produced at MilliporeSigma. These responsibilities include but are not limited to executing existing production procedures, updating ancillary documents, and maintaining the safety and quality of the manufacturing environment.
Second Shift (M-Th, 1300-2330)
Essential job functions:
- Show positive attitude, being respectful of others, and displaying MilliporeSigma values and competencies.
- Becoming a role model for other employees through superb work habits and excellent occupational behavior.
- Demonstrating proper lab safety practices, and work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines.
- Functioning as a Primary Operator for a single group of GMP Production areas (i.e. Kilo Labs).
- Perform and author deviation investigation reports of limited impact/scope.
- Utilize and provide minor updates to a wide variety of written procedures, including batch records and existing operating procedures with assistance from a supervisor.
- Author and execute document Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Help to identify and immediately correct equipment, process, and safety issues in the lab.
- Function as a tier 1 project lead, as defined by manufacturing management.
- Draft process specific reports and documents using a previously created approved template.
- Mentor new employees by performing supplemental technical and on the job training.
- Participate in a team-based, multi-shift manufacturing environment comprised of multiple facilities.
- Provide departmental support through additional tasks as directed by management.
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Lifting and moving up to 50 pounds with the assistance of equipment or teammates as necessary
- Working with highly potent / hazardous materials
- Able to utilize proper personal protective equipment which could include but is not limited to:
- Wearing respiratory protection (dust masks, half/full face respirators, supplied air, etc)
- Wearing full body protection (disposable coveralls, hazmat suits, etc)
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related Life Science
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent and 4+ years of pharmaceutical, chemical, or related production manufacturing experience
- Ability to read and understand written protocols
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Office and Outlook tools, Electronic Document Management Systems, etc.)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to write technical documents
- Mechanical and technical aptitude
- Able to operate hand tools, calculators and weighing / measuring devices
- Strong mathematical skills
- Possess a high degree of motivation and are a self-starter
- Ability to multi-task while paying close attention to detail