|Date Posted||November 11, 2020|
|Address||441 Charmany Drive|
The R&D Administrative Project Manager is responsible for a variety of duties and responsibilities in support of executive leadership and Stakeholders at Exact Sciences. This position provides technical and administrative support related to a variety of areas, including managing executive calendars, compiling and analyzing data, coordinating events and meeting logistics, and serving as a coordination point for team documentation, meeting notes, and archives. This position will support the R&D teams by working closely with project/program managers, R&D leadership, stakeholders, and administrative assistants to ensure that departmental initiatives and business objectives are effectively coordinated. This will include partnering with business leaders on a variety of projects to deliver on timelines, priorities, and deliverables to meet the business needs. This person will additionally be accountable to independently work with stakeholders and project teams and to deliver on small-scale projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support R&D leadership through coordination and organization of departmental deliverables.
- Act as a liaison between R&D leadership and business stakeholders from other functional areas.
- Partner with project teams to help define the project objectives and employ the right level of governance and process.
- Assist project management teams with connecting with stakeholders and planning for team meetings.
- Escalate issues when critical risks arise and maintain pulse with project and departmental activities to ensure progress.
- Support or lead small project team to execute on project tasks; including effective creation and management of timelines, budgets, resources, risks, interdependencies, and project objectives.
- Follow established project management practices; including management of scope, requirements, issues, and risks.
- Monitor and prepare status reports on project or departmental deliverables.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders and team members.
- Assist with the day-to-day calendar for executive leadership; assume central coordination for internal and external requests and proactively managing cadence for standing meetings (one-on-ones, team meetings, etc.).
- Draft correspondence and presentations which may be of a confidential nature; prepare presentation materials for meetings, as requested.
- Collaborate with leaders and assistants from multiple functions internally and with partners externally to effectively manage availability and capacity of the leader.
- Support team communication efforts by authoring or editing team or company-wide communications.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple competing priorities within and across multiple projects at the same time.
- Successful oral and written communications/presentations, results orientation, facilitation, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work within a matrix management organization.
- Well-organized with strong attention to detail.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Engineering, or related field.
- 2+ years of professional work experience in a project-focused environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Project, Video, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Advanced degree or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Professional experience in the development of in vitro diagnostic products.
- Experience providing Executive support.