|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||April 22, 2020|
Contract GMP Manufacturing
|Address||W130N10497 Washington Dr|
The Analytical Chemist I is accountable for driving results in a fast-paced environment by performing analytical routine and non-routine testing in support of active pharmaceutical ingredients development or pharmaceutical manufacturing. This position may also be required to work on method development/method validation projects. Typical types of testing include: assays (potencies, related substances, residual solvents, metals etc.), moisture content, identification, and various other wet chemistry based measurements. HPLC and/or GC based methodologies are commonly employed in the described testing. Other key methodologies applied include: titrations, UV, DSC, TGA, IR. Test methods employed may be compendial (i.e. USP, EP) or proprietary (client supplied or developed by Alcami). The Analytical Chemist I must have the ability to efficiently organize the routine work with minimum supervision and to properly evaluate and interpret generated data is required. The position requires superior leadership behaviors of the Alcami core competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in functional competencies included in this position profile.
- Responsible for analysis of test articles by HPLC, GC, GC/MS and other method. Must be proficient with HPLC.
- Performs routine sample processing for required analytical methods.
- Performs maintenance of analytical instruments.
- Develops new methods as required support programs
- Performs critical interpretation of analytical data
- Maintains an accurate notebook and write SOP’s and reports as needed.
- Possesses excellent communication and problem solving skills and the ability to work independently in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements.
Education and Experience
- Associates Degree in Chemistry or related field with 2-3 years of experience in an API GMP manufacturing facility, OR
- Bachelors Degree in chemistry or related field with 2+ years of experience in an API GMP manufacturing facility.
- Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal example.
- Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety first culture.
- Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time right.
- Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and regulatory standards.
Alcami Core Leadership Competencies
- Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand the why. Focuses on work that matters.
- Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for continuous learning.
- Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more efficient.
- Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to improve.
- Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to provide value.
- Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to perform complex math functions, compute ratios, rates, and percentages.
- Ability to draw and interpret graphs and charts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Proficient in knowledge of computers and software products (Microsoft Office).
- Up to 5% domestic travel
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
- Profit sharing bonus plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave
- Voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness insurances