|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||August 22, 2019|
|Address||8551 Research Way, Suite 90|
PPD Laboratories -- Between Spark and Innovation – HERE WE ARE
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health.
PPD Laboratories offer the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry. Our services accelerate pharmaceutical development for small molecules, biologics, and vaccines, allowing our clients to make faster decisions about their compounds.
With ongoing growth, we are currently seeking several Assistant Scientists to join our team.
- Possesses an understanding of laboratory procedures and under general supervision can conduct complex analysis.
- Performs a variety of routine sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations and/or biological matrices for stability and analytical testing.
- Trains on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs and regulatory guidelines.
- Responsible for review and compilation of results and data comparison against SOP acceptance criteria, methodology, protocol and product specifications.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 2 years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs and regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory authority, compendia and ICH guidelines
- Excellent manual dexterity skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Time management and project management skills
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to cross-train on sample preparation techniques with another laboratory
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team Knowledge, Skills
and Abilities: Manual dexterity.
- Communicate effectively and follow detailed written and verbal instruction.
- Cooperate with coworkers within an organized team environment or work alone
- Manage time effectively to complete assignments in expected time frame.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook and complete all laboratory documentation in
clear and accurate language and according to SOP.
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength, and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group.
For more information, please visit www.ppdi.com/careers.