|Date Posted||April 21, 2021|
|Address||3301 Kinsman Blvd|
Information about Eurofins as a whole:
- Over 50,000 employees worldwide
- Eurofins recently celebrated 30 years of excellence in bioanalytical testing.
- The company has grown from 4 employees in a small lab in France to a global network.
- 400 state-of-the-art laboratories across 41 countries.
- Eurofins is one of the best performing companies in the world. In three decades, the company has grown more than 3,000 times.
- Eurofins is now the global market leader in environmental, food, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics testing as well as in agro-sciences CRO (Contract Research Organization) services.
Information about Eurofins Food Chemistry Testing:
- Founded in 1926.
- Acquired by Eurofins Scientific on August 1st, 2018, previously Covance Food Solutions.
- New to Eurofins, not new to the global life sciences industry. Provide food consulting services to Fortune 500 food, beverage, and consumer product companies.
- Approximately, 450 employees here in the Madison, WI area.
- New, state-of-the-art lab building on the east-side of Madison coming in January 2021!!!
Food Chemistry Testing:
What we do…
Analytical testing of foods, supplements, ingredients, and packaging. Includes work on: accurate nutrition labels, creating safe products and supply chains, and assisting with compliance with FDA and international regulatory agencies.
Instrumentation we work on…
- Flame AA
This position is 1st shift working Tuesday - Friday, 10 hour shifts, with possible overtime/weekends necessary based on business need.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Applies GMP/ GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Learns to conduct routine analyses independently and in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, SOP’s and regulatory agency guidelines
- Learns how to document work and maintains study documentation and laboratory records
- Learns how to use laboratory equipment and software appropriate for assigned tasks
- Attends and participates in project meetings
- Learns to perform peer review of data
- Learns to plan assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedule multiple assignments
- Contributes to a cohesive team environment and maintains a positive attitude. Plans individual workload in coordination with team members
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (laboratory experience may be substituted for a degree) OR Associate’s Degree in Biotechnology from Madison College (Madison, WI)
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- May work with potentially hazardous materials
- Will be exposed to potential food allergens (ex: milk, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish, etc)
- Overtime and weekend work as required
- Work requires some standing and sitting for long periods of time, including working within a laboratory hood and standing at a bench top
- Work requires use of PPE (personal protective equipment)