|Date Posted||November 18, 2020|
|Address||726 Heartland Trail, Suite 100|
Catalent hires people with a passion to make a difference to the health of millions of people globally. Your expertise, coupled with Catalent’s advanced technologies and collaboration with thousands of innovative pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare companies, will help bring life-enhancing products to the people you know and love. Your talents, ideas and passion are essential to our mission; to develop, manufacture and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Interested in learning more about life at Catalent? Start here
Associate I, Biomanufacturing- Upstream (Wed-Sat, 2pm-12am)
The cGMP Biomanufacturing group is responsible for current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) production activities, including Master/Working Cell Bank production, Upstream cell culture, Downstream protein/mRNA purification, and/or therapeutics production. This is an entry level position for the Solution Preparation team and is the starting point to acquire skills and training required for a cGMP Biomanufacturing environment. The position is expected to follow detailed instructions and established procedures with frequent supervision.
This is a permanent, full time position. It is an hourly role. The shift is Wednesday-Saturday 2:00 pm-12:00 am shift.
Our new, state of the art Madison, WI facility, with expanded mammalian cell line engineering and biomanufacturing capabilities utilizing single-use systems, offers increased flexibility and manufacturing scale to support our customers’ growth. We offer a broad range of integrated formulation and analytical services to solve your most difficult development challenges in Biologics.
Catalent is committed to a Patient First culture through excellence in quality and compliance, and to the safety of every patient, consumer and Catalent employee.
- Performs aseptic techniques within in a clean room environment.
- Executes and properly documents cGMP Biomanufacturing activities.
- Operates cGMP Biomanufacturing equipment, including pH/conductivity meters, mixing tanks (SUMs), tubing fusers/sealers, filter integrity testers, peristaltic pumps, balances and Biosafety Cabinets (BSC) or Laminar Flow Hoods (LFH).
- Other duties as assigned, including:
- Upstream/Cell Banking
- Operates assigned Biomanufacturing equipment, including incubators, filtration equipment and controlled-rate freezers.
- Perform basic cell culture work, including but not limited to working inside of a biosafety cabinet, cell counting (automated and manual), performing manipulations of required cell cultures in an ISO 5 environment, and analysis of cell culture samples using applicable analyzers.
- Perform cell banking activities, including but not limited to centrifugation of cells, preparation of cryopreservation medium, and cryopreservation preparation of cells.
- Upstream/Cell Banking
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 1 years’ experience in related laboratory work.
- Associates Degree/Certificate/Diploma
- Clean room, aseptic technique, and/or general lab equipment experience.
- cGMP, Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) knowledge.
- Following standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Defined career path and annual performance review and feedback process
- Diverse, inclusive culture
- Potential for career growth on an expanding team within an organization dedicated to preserving and bettering lives
- 19 days of paid time off annually + 7 paid holidays
- Competitive salary with yearly bonus potential
- Community engagement and green initiatives
- Generous 401K match and Paid Time Off accrual
- Medical, dental and vision benefits effective day one of employment
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and wellness programs
Catalent’s standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development:
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops