|Date Posted||June 13, 2021|
|Address||6000 N Teutonia Ave|
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Associate Quality Control Chemist, Senior at MilliporeSigma will evaluate products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others and perform operations in support of the group and department.
- Safely perform routine operations, assays, and/or processes to meet quality expectations.
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal).
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines.
- Ensure all applicable log books have been filled out completely as required by current procedures.
- Interact with other departments as needed.
- Participate as needed in quality audits.
- In compliance with change control procedures, improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or Scientist.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Train personnel and act as a technical consultant as needed. Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates.
- Supply information based on experience and knowledge.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related life science discipline
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent with 4+ years of experience in a chemical production, laboratory or chemical engineering environment
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry
- Familiar with laboratory instruments and production equipment
- Process analytical techniques and unit operations
- Safe chemical and equipment handling methods
- Excellent communication skills
- Laboratory and analytical skills
- Knowledge of ISO Quality standards