|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||November 26, 2019|
|Address||8551 Research Way, Suite 90|
Associate Scientist Biopharmaceutical - #160462
PPD is a leading global contract research organization - currently operating in 46 countries! At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health. Our organization works with a diverse group of pharmaceutical companies to help accelerate timelines to develop and deliver life changing medicine and therapies. As the largest GMP laboratory in North America, our lab in Middleton, WI offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry.
Learn more about our Middleton, WI location! https://www.ppdi.com/Services/Laboratories/cGMP-Lab-Testing
Our Biopharmaceutical team is the largest team at PPD, with over 250+ employees. As a member of their team, you will work within a small group to contribute to the progress of the group as a whole. Surrounded by varying levels of Scientists, you will have the support to succeed, as well as the opportunity to assist the progress of others.
As an Associate Scientist you will use state-of-the-art technologies to perform high-quality sample testing for key pharmaceutical clients across the industry. Your sample preparation and analysis serves as an integral piece in helping PPD accomplish our goal of helping bring life-changing therapies to market.
At PPD, we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. You will receive the appropriate training to allow you to be successful in our labs, and it's not just talk - our award winning training programs speak for themselves. In addition, our teams support career growth whether you are looking for long term opportunities within the scientific ladder, to pursue project management, or to develop into a leader -- there are many career pathways available once you become part of our PPD team.
We offer flexible scheduling to encourage a healthy work-life balance for our employees. Enjoy a Monday through Friday schedule with a full time schedule that you create!
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 2 years).
- Possesses an understanding of laboratory procedures and under general supervision can conduct complex analysis.
- Performs a variety of routine sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations and/or biological matrices for stability and analytical testing.
- Trains on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs and regulatory guidelines.
- Responsible for review and compilation of results and data comparison against SOP acceptance criteria, methodology, protocol and product specifications.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 1+ years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience following degree completion.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs and regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory authority, compendia and ICH guidelines
- Excellent manual dexterity skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Time management and project management skills
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to cross-train on sample preparation techniques with another laboratory group
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
- Manual dexterity and can follow detailed written and verbal instruction
- Cooperate with coworkers within an organized team environment or work alone with supervision
- Manage time effectively to complete assignments in expected time frame
- Maintain a laboratory notebook and complete all laboratory documentation in clear and accurate language and according to SOP
Work Environment Requirements
PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities
What To Expect Next
We look forward to receiving your application. A member of our talent acquisition team will review your qualifications and if interested, you will be contacted for an interview.