|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||June 19, 2020|
|Address||726 Heartland Trail|
Catalent hires people with a passion to make a difference to the health of millions of people globally. Your expertise, coupled with Catalent’s advanced technologies and collaboration with thousands of innovative pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare companies, will help bring life-enhancing products to the people you know and love. Your talents, ideas and passion are essential to our mission; to develop, manufacture and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Interested in learning more about life at Catalent? Start here
Catalent Biologics is a fast growing business within Catalent Pharma Solutions focused on providing innovative technologies and solutions to help more and better biologic treatments get to patients. The business includes our proprietary GPEx cell line engineering platform, our new state-of-the-art Biomanufacturing facility in Madison, WI, and our market leading biologics analytical services in Kansas City, MO and Research Triangle Park, NC, as well as SMARTag Antibody Drug Conjugate technology in Emeryville, CA. Leveraging our growing differentiated technology portfolio, world class manufacturing capability, and other integrated services across the Catalent network, Catalent Biologics is positioned to drive significant growth for Catalent.
Working for Catalent Biologics is an opportunity to join an entrepreneurial team. Catalent Biologics is making significant investments in people and capabilities. This is a unique opening to join a small, fast growing business, backed by a global public company. People joining our team will have the opportunity for career development as our business continues to grow and expand. Catalent-Madison employees are helping to improve future patient outcomes by working on products that are designed to treat cancer, various autoimmune, fibrotic and blood disorders, HIV, diabetes, heart and lung diseases as well as Alzheimer’s.
The cGMP Biomanufacturing group is responsible for current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) production activities, including Master/Working Cell Bank production, Upstream cell culture, Downstream protein/small scale purification, and/or Fill/Finish. This position will be responsible for Downstream protein/small scale purification.
Work hours: 6:00 am – 4:30 pm, Sunday - Wednesday
The Associate I, Biomanufacturing is an entry level position and is the starting point to acquire skills and training required for a cGMP Biomanufacturing environment. The position is expected to follow detailed instructions and established procedures with frequent supervision.
In concert with Catalent’s Patient First philosophy, the biomanufacturing team executes and documents manufacturing activities at the highest caliber pursuant to our goal of delivering products and services of the highest quality to our customers in a timely manner.
- Perform aseptic techniques within in a clean room environment
- Execute and document cGMP Biomanufacturing activities
- Operate cGMP Biomanufacturing equipment such as pH/conductivity meters, mixing tanks (SUMs), tubing fusers/sealers, filter integrity testers, peristaltic pumps, balances and Biosafety Cabinets (BSC) or Laminar Flow Hoods (LFH)
- Maintain effectiveness of Quality system
- Stage raw materials/components for use within cGMP Biomanufacturing
- Perform general cleanroom housekeeping, including room and equipment cleaning(s), disposal of trash and recyclables, and adherence to 5S standards
- B.S./B.A. in Biotechnology, or related field with no previous industry laboratory experience; or
- Associates Degree/Certificate/Diploma with no previous industry laboratory experience; or
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in related laboratory work.
- Clean room, aseptic technique, and/or general lab equipment experience
- cGMP, Good documentation practices (GDP), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) knowledge
- Following standard operating procedures
Catalent’s standard leadership competencies
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- Fast tracked career growth, with annual performance review and feedback process
- Competitive base salary with other compensation incentives including yearly incentive plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K are all offered on day one of employment
- 19 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) + 7 paid holidays
- Onsite gym, Catalent corporate discount perks, paid volunteer time off program and other benefits too numerous to mention!
- Defined career path and annual performance review and feedback process