|Date Posted||August 11, 2020|
|Address||726 Heartland Trail|
Catalent hires people with a passion to make a difference to the health of millions of people globally. Your expertise, coupled with Catalent’s advanced technologies and collaboration with thousands of innovative pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare companies, will help bring life-enhancing products to the people you know and love. Your talents, ideas and passion are essential to our mission; to develop, manufacture and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Interested in learning more about life at Catalent? Start here
The Associate II, cGMP Biomanufacturing group is responsible for current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) production activities, including Master/Working Cell Bank production, Upstream cell culture, Downstream protein/mRNA purification, and/or Fill/Finish. This is a Sunday - Wednesday 3:00 pm - 1:30 am shift.
The Associate II, cGMP Biomanufacturing, is a level 2 position in the downstream team and is the starting point to acquire skills and training required for a cGMP Biomanufacturing environment. This position supports downstream processes such as Chromatography, Viral Inactivation, Viral Filtration, TFF and Bulk Fill. The position is expected to follow detailed instructions and established procedures with frequent supervision.
In concert with Catalent’s Patient First philosophy, the biomanufacturing team executes and documents manufacturing activities at the highest caliber pursuant to our goal of delivering products and services of the highest quality to our customers in a timely manner.
- Performs aseptic techniques within in a clean room environment.
- Executes and properly documents cGMP Biomanufacturing activities.
- Operates cGMP Biomanufacturing equipment, including pH/conductivity meters, mixing tanks (SUMs), tubing fusers/sealers, filter integrity testers, peristaltic pumps, balances and analytical equipment as applicable.
- Maintains effectiveness of Quality system.
- Stages raw materials/components for use within cGMP Biomanufacturing.
- Performs general cleanroom housekeeping, including room and equipment cleaning(s), disposal of trash and recyclables, and adherence to 5S standards
- B.S./B.A. in Biotechnology or related field, with 1-year industry laboratory experience; or
- Associates Degree/Certificate/Diploma with a typical minimum of 3 years’ experience in related laboratory work
- Clean room, aseptic technique, and/or general lab equipment experience
- cGMP, Good Documentation Practices (GDP) or Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) knowledge
- Following standard operating procedures (SOP)
- TFF, protein purification, AKTA/Unicorn experience
- Molecular biology experience (ie. mRNA, PCR, DNA isolation, in vitro transcription)
Catalent’s standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- Fast tracked career growth, with annual performance review and feedback process
- Competitive base salary with other compensation incentives including yearly incentive plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K are all offered on day one of employment
- 19 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) + 7 paid holidays
- Onsite gym, Catalent corporate discount perks, paid volunteer time off program and other benefits too numerous to mention!
- Defined career path and annual performance review and feedback process
Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities.