|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||May 4, 2020|
|Address||1500 Highland Ave|
The Researcher will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will provide technical expertise in the areas of cell therapies and large scale cell culture. This includes designing, developing and executing cell culture and upstream manufacturing processes to support the production of clinical trial materials for WB and its clients and new project-specific process development, assay development and manufacturing processes for the scale-up and manufacturing of biotherapeutics. A Master's degree or PhD in Cellular Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemical Engineering or a related field is highly preferred. Persons with a Bachelor's Degree in the aforementioned fields and a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience will be considered.
Well-qualified applicants will have the following preferred experience and knowledge:
- 2+ years of experience in process development and/or manufacturing of biotherapeutics for Phase I/II clinical trials. Previous work experience in the biotechnology industry is highly preferred.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: large scale mammalian cell culture, viral vector production, bioreactors, or cell therapies (hESC, iPSC, MSC).
- Experience with assay development related to cell therapies.
- Expertise in flow cytometry, qPCR, CliniMACS selection and tangential flow filtration.
- Experience and desire to work in a highly collaborative, team-focused environment.
- Expertise in development, validation, execution, monitoring and manufacturing of novel biotherapeutics, vaccines, and related components as well as manufacturing operations as required.
- Expertise in cGMPs and application to the process development and manufacturing of biotherapeutics or vaccines.
- Research and project leadership experience related to the production of biopharmaceuticals.
- Research, Process Development, and Manufacturing Operations (75%)
- Project Management and Supervision of Staff (10%)
- Equipment/Process Validation (5%)
- Internal and External Relations (5%)
- Seminars, Trainings and Proposals (5%)
To find out more and to apply by May 8th, please visit: https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/504765/cell-therapy-manufacturing-subject-matter-expert
Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, information regarding applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality. UW–Madison provides equal employment opportunity for all persons and is in compliance with State and Federal regulations.