|Date Posted||September 13, 2020|
|Address||441 Charmany Drive|
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Certified Clinical Laboratory Trainer works with the Clinical Laboratory Training Supervisor in providing training to Technical Laboratory staff. This position is responsible for presenting training material, demonstrating processes and verifying trainees are using proper technique and following all procedures. The Certified Clinical Laboratory Trainer is also responsible for completing and filing all related training paperwork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares specimens for analysis and determines acceptability of samples within guidelines following all CAP, NY and CA guidelines and meeting regulatory requirements.
- Performs moderate, and/or highly complex analytic processes without direct supervision.
- Understands, trains and enforces safety and hazard regulations as outlined in the Clinical Laboratory Safety Manual.
- Has knowledge of the theory of laboratory procedures. Identifies technical, instrumental and/or physiologic causes of unexpected test results. Responds to technical questions as appropriate. Seeks guidance if answers are not known.
- Observes principles of data security and patient confidentiality. Maintains ethical standards in the performance of testing and in interactions with patients, co-workers and other health care professionals.
- Performs analytical and decision-making functions without direct supervision.
- Identifies, develops and participates in continuing education and staff meetings. Prepares and presents continuing education programs for department personnel as requested. Responsible for own professional development.
- Responsible for completing and documenting all levels of competency.
- Identifies when employees require assistance, remedial action and corrective actions.
- Provides technical information and/or instruction to the public as requested and where appropriate.
- Remains informed of procedure updates and changes and distributes information appropriately.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends based on business need.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds for approximately 25% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 50% of a typical working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 50% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 80% of a typical working day.
- Approximately 25% travel required between Exact Sciences locations within Madison, WI.
- Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or Medical Technology or in the chemical or biological sciences.
- Possession of and ability to maintain ASCP Certification or state licensure that has been determined to be equivalent.
- 1+ year of experience working in a laboratory setting.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- 2+ years of experience working in a laboratory setting.
- Experience in clinical lab training (including mentoring/teaching others and assisting in competency).
- Experience in molecular testing.