|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||July 24, 2019|
Contract GMP Manufacturing
|Address||W132N10550 Grant Drive|
The Chemical R&D Scientist I demonstrates in depth working knowledge of scientific principles and leads the implementation of new methods/processes to solve problems. This role prepares and reviews summaries of observations and is capable of verbal and written presentations documented proficiently in laboratory notebooks to internal and external audiences. The incumbent will write and review SOPs, training modules, technical transfer documents, specifications, summary reports and technical reports to be sent to clients or used in regulatory filings and is responsible for ensuring complex technical information is well understood by team associates, management and clients. The position performs audits of laboratory work and reports and maintains a high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature. The Chemical R&D Scientist I determines appropriate methods and procedures on new assignments. The position requires superior leadership behaviors of the Alcami core competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in functional competencies included in this position profile.
- Solves synthetic problems with minimal supervision.
- Executes synthesis activities from gram to multi-kilogram scale with minimal supervision.
- Isolates and purifies products and intermediates by using standard laboratory technique
- Interprets and communicates analytical data.
- Performs routine analytical procedures to monitor reaction progress (i.e. TLC, GC, NMR, HPLC, KF).
- Designs multi-step synthetic process from commercially available starting materials to target compound
- Performs routine maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment with supervision.
- Writes project documentation (developmental reports and protocols) of medium complexity with supervision.
- Establishes and coordinates activities at contract chemical and analytical laboratories, as required.
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s dgree in Chemistry or related field required with minimum of 9+ years’ experience, OR
- Master’s degree in Chemistry or related field with minimum of 3+ years’ experience, OR
- Doctoral degree with a 0-2 years of previous experience.
- Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal example.
- Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety first culture.
- Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time right.
- Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and regulatory standards.
- Understands reaction mechanisms and can apply them to practical execution of given synthesi
- Knowledge in handling, analyzing and characterizing chemicals, pharmaceuticals and related organic molecules.
- Requires minimal hands on experience in analytical techniques such as HPLC, GC, etc.
- Ability to apply scientific principles, theories and concepts to research problems and develop solutions for analytical problems related to drug substances in compliance with appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and regulatory guidelines.
- Demonstrates technical ability to assist in the design and execution of non-routine experiments with supervision.
- Demonstrates ability to correctly analyze data/results and interpret outcome of experiments and to propose appropriate follow-up with supervision.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals technical procedures and governmental regulations and write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to perform complex math functions, compute ratios, rates and percentages while drawing and interpreting graphs and charts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.