|Location||Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin|
|Date Posted||January 3, 2021|
|Address||2202 N Bartlett Ave|
Chemical Technician I
Join our team in Milwaukee, WI. We are expanding this site to provide R&D, manufacturing and operations support for catalog and custom TheraPure components.
1st Shift Hours: M-F 6:00am – 2:30PM
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Chemical Technician / Formulation Technician is responsible to perform equipment cleaning, staging of manufacturing materials, manage and handle hazardous waste according to current procedures, maintain accurate physical and electronic inventory levels by correctly issuing materials in the system.
What will you do?
- Follow established methods and standard operating procedures
- Prepare chromatographic supports and reagents
- Packing and un-packing of chromatographic columns.
- Clean and maintain production equipment, clean and organize storage, laboratory and receiving areas
- Follows World Class Manufacturing or continuous improvement guidelines to support Operations
- The position is also responsible for any other duties apparent or assigned
How will you get here?
- High School Diploma/GED is required
- Associates degree in Science (Chemistry is preferred)
- 1-2 years' active experience in handling chemicals, glassware and equipment
- Ability to read, understand and follow work instructions. Ability to convey pertinent written and verbal information
- Basic mathematical skills (including knowledge in use of the metric system, conversions, and calculations)
- Ability in the use of electronic systems (computer etc.) and MS office (word, excel) knowledge
- Comfortable in handling chemicals, solvents, and potentially hazardous/bio-hazardous substances
- Must be available to work overtime, including weekends as production schedule warrants
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stoop, stand, bend, kneel, crouch and crawl. Also use hands to finger, handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools, and controls
- The employee frequently lifts and/or move 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with assistance
- Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distant vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus and differentiate between basic colors.
- Must understand and comply with RCRA Standards by successfully completing initial training for Hazardous Waste Handling within 90 days of date of hire, comply with standards, and annual training.