|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 19, 2019|
|Address||525 Science Dr|
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics is a leading developer and supplier of human cells used in drug discovery, toxicity testing, stem cell banking, and cell therapy development. We partner with innovators from around the world to combine biologically relevant human cells with the newest technologies to drive advancements in medicine and healthier living. Our technology can be used to create induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) from anyone and followed by the powerful capability to develop into virtually any cell type in the human body. Our proprietary manufacturing system result in inventoried iCell® products and donor-specific MyCell® Products in the quantity, quality, purity, and reproducibility required for drug and cell therapy development
We are looking for a Computational Biologist/Bioinformatician professional to support our ongoing research and discovery programs. In this new role you will perform cutting edge analysis on high throughput next generation sequence data. We are currently using advanced techniques such as RNASeq, SNP discovery and annotation, epigenetic analysis, proteomics and others to solve important problems in stem cell biology and human health. This role will be essential in forwarding our scientific and commercial goals in providing cell based products to the health care industry. You will be supported by staff scientists, and IT personnel in performing this analysis.
- Perform data analysis (s/mi/mRNAseq, whole genome assembly, SNP, BisSeq, ChIPseq) with in-house and externally generated NGS data
- Assist FCDI and FujiFilm scientists in interpreting experimental results
- Manage in-house and publically available data collections in support of these analyses
- Evaluate publicly available analysis methods for applicability to FCDI research goals
- Organize, script and document analyses to ensure reproducibility
- Ensure data and analysis integrity through self-directed review
- Support ongoing development projects in bioinformatics and data management
- Educate scientific staff on bioinformatics best practices and developments
- Develop new methods of analysis as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science or relate field of study
- Relevant professional experience in the field of computation biology with demonstrated achievements and progressive responsibilities
Ideal Candidates will possess
- Master's degree in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science or relate field of study
- Experience with computational biology tools and methods (BWA, GATK, TopHat, Trinity, Bioconductor, Soap2, Galaxy, BLAST, others).
- Programming experience (Perl, Python, R, C/C++/JAVA).
- Relational Database Experience (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres).
- Unix/Linux experience including shell scripting, basic commands and utilities.
- Experience in proteomics, mass spec, and image analysis is considered a plus.