|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
|Address||2800 Woods Hollow Rd|
Promega is an international bio-tech company with over 4000 high quality products that have been supporting science for over 40 years. We support scientists researching life and disease, pharma companies developing new treatments, forensic labs matching DNA from crime scenes and clinical labs running and confirming health tests - and that’s just the beginning. And yes, we have been extremely busy providing our technologies to support COVID-19 testing and research.
We strive to create an open, inviting and inclusive culture – we care about you as a person, not just a team member. We embrace the principles of emotional and social intelligence – which helps our employees improve relationships, manage stress and enhance connections. Establishing and maintaining relationships is part of the foundation of our culture - teams are more like family than co-workers.
Our campus speaks volumes. Headquartered in Madison, employees work in and around a campus with multiple buildings that are integrated into a natural setting with trails, ponds, woods and a restored prairie. Sustainability is important – we invest in energy efficiency and use renewable energy. Our culinary team offers top notch food to employees – including an onsite garden to supply fresh produce. Check out our campus through this map, and learn more about our people and sustainable practices.
We are a passionate team of communications professionals responsible for sharing the Promega story with multiple audiences both internal and external. Creativity, flexibility and collaboration fuel our success.
As an integral part of our communications team you will translate complex science-related topics and tie their relevance to the overall Promega story. Clear communication for each audience is key. Your responsibilities will vary between press releases, blogs, social media, interviews, and more! You’ll be part of a larger team, jumping into various projects as needed. You will not only work with our Corporate Affairs team but will also find yourself working with many others in our Promega family.
You have a background in science and a passion for writing and telling a story. You have an inquisitive mind, are flexible and can easily go with the flow. If you have journalism experience, even better!
JOB OBJECTIVE: Help express the story of the company and strengthen relationships with many stakeholders through developing key content. Working as part of the Corporate Affairs team contribute to a breadth of communications projects, including press releases, backgrounders, blogs, social media, corporate responsibility, and internal communications. Demonstrate outstanding writing and editing abilities, and deep understanding of the sciences that make up life science. Translate life science concepts to scientist and non-scientist alike. Tailor writing to suit both audience and platform. Develop and deliver internal communications content to promote culture and employee connection. Flex between project management and project contribution depending on the assignment.
1. Share responsibility for the corporate public relations program.
a. Contribute to newsroom content.
b. Draft and review press releases.
c. Track media coverage.
d. Create and maintain reports on media and PR activities.
e. Maintain media calendar.
f. Use wire service for implementing press releases.
2. Support new and existing communications initiatives that share story and capabilities of the company. Regularly develop content for and update elements including:
a. Interactive Map.
b. Corporate Responsibility report and web pages.
c. Resource web pages.
d. Corporate presentation.
e. Departmental communications.
3. Contribute regularly to internal communications:
a. Various platforms.
b. Event-related communications.
c. Video content.
4. Develop and help manage content regarding culture and history.
a. Help to review, catalogue, and engage archival information to enrich institutional knowledge.
b. Develop and collect content reflecting culture and business practices that can be used by HR, Sales, Customer Experience, and others.
5. Perform research and reporting on public relations and media trends, industry developments, corporate policies and additional topics as needed. Work in concert with Information Management program.
6. Flexible, adaptable, and quickly responds to “breaking news” elements and the changes that come with dynamic communications.
7. Create inventive and compelling content that lends itself to various media including, graphic design, infographics, video, blog, PPT, and photography.
8. Foster a supportive and dynamic work environment, Promega embraces the principles of emotional and social intelligence (ESI). All employees are invited to be lifelong learners and remain open and curious about themselves, the people they interact with and their work. We believe embracing a spirit of ESI will support important personal growth and organizational success.
9. Understand and comply with all elements of the Promega Quality System outlined for the position.
1. Provide an extra set of hands for larger events as needed.
2. Other duties as assigned.
1. MS or BS degree in molecular biology or related field.
2. At least 2-5 years writing experience.
3. Communications and administrative experience.
4. Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
5. Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
6. Ability to work independently with moderate supervision and with other team members in a cooperative manner.
7. Strong verbal and written communication skills with high attention to detail.
1. Familiarity with Life Sciences market.
2. Journalism experience.
3. Computer background and experience with Windows-based programs and SharePoint. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator a plus.
4. Strong social media usage and knowledge.
1. Ability to work with computer equipment frequently.
2. Ability to travel within Madison area for pick-up of items.
3. Ability to occasionally move boxes weighing up to 30 pounds.