|Date Posted||April 16, 2021|
|Address||3326 Agriculture Drive|
It’s an exciting time to be part of the Nutrition & Biosciences family at IFF (formerly DuPont).
NATURE OF WORK
To provide essential support to the Madison Culture Plant operation with regard to scheduling, sanitation, and production support activities. To provide guidance and oversight to Culture Plant process support operators in the execution of tasks to ensure safe, quality, efficient production, audit readiness of the plant and effective communication among the Culture Plant Operations crews.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Ensure adherence to all quality systems including, but not limited to, ISO 9001 and Food Safety, with an understanding of IFF’s Quality Policy and procedures; including adherence of all employees working in the department.
• Comply with all Company policies including, but not limited to, Quality, Safety, Food Safety, Environmental, GMP's, HAACP, and Attendance.
• Schedule Culture Plant Preventive Maintenance work (accountable for monthly % on time pro-duction PM completion KPI)
• Work with Maintenance department personnel to schedule and execute Culture Plant work orders. (accountable for execution vs. plan)
• Ensure that the Culture Plant Schedule Pro file is maintained accurately on a daily basis. (ac-countable for accuracy of Schedule Pro file)
• Facilitate the daily (M-F) 09:30 QC + Production meeting (accountable for communication with QC and stakeholder groups regarding fermentation production schedule status and contamination status)
• Schedule and coordinate execution of all pre-weigh activities including weigh-up, documentation, and cleaning (accountable for on time pre-weigh execution, documentation accuracy and cleanliness of preweigh area including partial raw material storage)
ID: Culture Plant Lead Operator, 1002150152 – Job Description Version 01 9/29/2016
• Schedule and coordinate execution of all Culture Plant sanitation activities (accountable for in-ternal and external audit-readiness of the facility from a cleanliness standpoint, which includes plant appearance, sanitation logs completion, etc. ). Act as point person for audit follow-up action items (accountable for timely completion of assigned action items).
• Act as primary communication liaison between day and night Culture Plant crews (accountable for establishment of robust, sustainable communication tools and methods).
• Manage time and activities of designated process operators (accountable for productivity of designated process support operators).
• Act as primary liaison with shipping department for raw material ordering.
• Establish system with Culture Plant supervisors to ensure accurate, timely issuance of batch tickets and labels. This may include printing documents and / or labels to support the production teams. (accountability in the area to be determined)
• Coordinate activities with Culture Plant production supervisors and potentially assist with critical production duties as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must have a minimum of 6 months' experience in the Madison Culture Plant with demonstrated strong performance in terms of Core Values, leadership, attendance and initiative.
• Must have demonstrated ability to effectively use computer software systems including MS Office (Word, Excel), SAP, and preferably Schedule Pro.
• Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using percentages and decimals, and be able to utilize the metric system for measurement.
• Must be able to read, communicate, comprehend, and follow oral and written procedures and instructions.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job in a safe and efficient manner.
• Must have the basic understanding of computers to retrieve and enter data on a database and to navigate the internet for safety training.
• Should be able to push, pull, lift, and/or carry fifty-five (55) pounds, climb ladders and stairs, and move throughout the plant; move and maneuver seven hundred fifty (750) pounds with mechanical assistance.
• Must have the ability to reach, grasp, handle, and use manual dexterity to operate equipment controls.
• Must be able to differentiate changes in color, and detect problems with machinery and problems in the production process.
• Must be able to wear proper PPE and Respiratory protection, when required.