|Date Posted||February 17, 2021|
|Address||Available in 102 locations|
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Data Scientist (Individual Contributor) who will be responsible for designing and developing customer centric and actionable analytics solutions, improving analytics operational efficiency, driving innovative analytics methodology development and leading ad-hoc digital analytics projects for the campaign analytics team; Across our company's US portfolio, this individual will have the opportunity to influence over $100MM in annual spend on Health Care Professionals (HCP) and consumer campaigns.
- Work closely with Digital Campaign Analytics Managers to design analytics methodologies, analyze customer behavior and customer journey, deep dive in vendors’ analytics and optimization capabilities, conduct content analysis
- Extract deep analytics insights and provide actionable recommendations
- Actively seek ways to address data gaps and quality to improve performance to maximize results
- Work closely with the other advanced analytics team members in Data Analytics and Insights Group on the quarterly health checks, leading indicator development, Return on Investment (ROI) analysis, affinity models, customer segmentation as needed to enhance omni-channel targeting strategy
- Work with different functional areas including Information Technology (IT), MDSI (Master Data Strategy & Integration), reporting, tagging, DET (Digital Engagement Team) and various project managers to expand digital data capture, enhance digital data quality and improve the data usage i.e. 3rd party data assets, email data, and content data
- Keep up to date with the latest and advance in digital data science and evaluate external data assets as required; develop and test innovative omni-channel analytics and statistics solutions
- Able to identify when an ongoing HCP digital analytical request should be migrated to the reporting and BI solutions team for automation; clearly articulate reporting requirements and facilitate automation needs; help with documentation, query standardization, etc.
- Be comfortable of presenting to key partners and leaders and share key learnings across different internal stakeholders and teams
- Build strategic relationships and manage communication
- Expertise in digital media and customer analytics
- Strong problem solving, business analysis and quantitative skills
- Working knowledge of statistical principles to enable adequate understanding of design of experiments, algorithm models, the appropriate application of different models, and effective communication to business audiences
- Deep understanding of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database, data warehousing, architecture and extract, transform, load (ETL)
- Fluent in Structured Query Language (SQL), R, Python and EXCEL or ability to learn quickly on the job as needed
- Proficient in manipulating and analyzing complex data set for both planned and ad hoc analysis
- Able to tell stories from diverse analytic and behavioral data in ways the end user can understand. Willingness to teach others but open-minded to learn.
- Good understanding of web, media and content tagging and the impact of tagging can have on data quality
- Detail oriented and commitment to producing high-quality work and maximizing resources, while meeting deadlines
- Strong communications and presentational skills
- Positive attitude, professional, courteous demeanor, strong work ethic and ability to collaborate in a constructive manner with others in a dynamic working environment
- Always curious and asking questions that would improve customer experience and engagement
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
Experience & Education
- Data driven mindset with 5 plus years of work experience doing quantitative analysis at the digital campaign and customer level
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative analytics fields (e.g. quantitative sciences, statistics, economics, engineering, operational research, or information system) is required, advanced degree strongly preferred.
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are …
For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at [email protected]
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: