|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 25, 2019|
Contract GMP Manufacturing
|Address||W130N10497 Washington Dr|
The Director of Environmental Health and Safety is accountable for driving results in a fast-paced environment by coordinating the activities of personnel in the EHS department. Areas of responsibility may include but are not limited to occupational safety and health concerns including physical, chemical and/or biological hazards, process safety, workers compensation, incident investigations, safety training, safety inspections, investigations for incident reports, ensuring workplace conditions comply with global occupational health and safety standards, maintaining EPA permits and paperwork systems, coordination of hazardous, pharmaceutical and biological waste handling, storage and disposal, and coordination of committees and specialty teams. The Director develops resource plans to ensure budgets and project timelines are achieved. The Director interacts with vendors and peers in all departments of the company. In addition, the Director selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function, ensures proper staff training, ensures that deliverables are met or expectations are proactively managed towards alternative solutions. The Director provides considerable technical support to the groups of the organization. The position requires superior leadership behaviors of the Alcami core competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in functional competencies included in this position profile.
- Develops, implements and sustains comprehensive Environmental Health and Safety compliance programs.
- Serves as the liaison with European, United States, and local regulatory agencies.
- Manages the site API business unit Environmental Health and Safety organization.
- Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Manages complex Environmental Health and Safety compliance and performance programs as they relate to the chemical API industry including process safety, air permitting, employee exposure protection, and chemical waste management.
- Develops and implements strategies to ensure ongoing compliance and continuously drive Environmental Health and safety performance improvement.
- Engages in cross-functional teams to solve complex problems.
- Optimizes efficiency of the working environment of the group.
- Ensures training of the group is complete.
- Ensures adherence to personnel and equipment SOPs and other regulatory requirements.
- Acts as the leader in formulating and implementing policies that meet current and upcoming compliance and operational trends.
- Provides significant input in budget process.
- Makes project/work assignments with communication of the expected timeline.
- Monitors the progress against the timelines.
- Provides troubleshooting support as needed.
- Monitors the quality of the group.
- Leads investigations.
- Effectively communicates with clients and internal groups.
- Prepares and carries out presentations related to the Company or project information.
- Evaluates personnel in a timely manner.
- Works effectively with business development and contracts personnel.
- Works effectively with finance personnel.
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements.
- Attracts, develops, and retains a high performing team to meet the current and evolving needs of the business through effective selection, training and development, coaching and mentoring and performance management.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or a related discipline with 10+ years of Environmental Health and Safety experience in an API or chemical manufacturing and laboratory setting. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal example.
- Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety first culture.
- Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time right.
- Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and regulatory standards.
Alcami Core Leadership Competencies
- Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand the why. Focuses on work that matters.
- Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for continuous learning. Step outside your comfort zone.
- Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more efficient.
- Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to improve.
- Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to provide value.
- Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands on experience in the area of responsibility.
- Excellent understanding of the theoretical background/fundamentals of the work.
- Outstanding capability of client management.
- Ability to plan and forecast the financial performance of the organization.
- Understands industry business trends.
- Understands regulatory and technical trends.
- Basic understanding of hiring and employment practices.
- Advanced problem solving capabilities.
- Consistent attention to details.
- Superior leadership skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Computer proficient.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong team player attitude.
- Able to work with employees effectively in other departments/groups.
- Directly leads team of approximately 3 - 5 direct reports.
- Participates in the hiring process of other employees.
- Makes hiring decisions of other employees.
- Schedules and reviews the work of other employees.
- Ensures accuracy and relevance of assigned training curriculum.
- Drives timely completion of training for employees to meet regulatory requirements.
- Coaches, mentors and develops other employees.
- Prepares and delivers performance evaluations of other employees.
- Makes recommendation of disciplinary actions of other employees.
- Up to 10% travel required.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
- Profit sharing bonus plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave
- Voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness insurances