|Date Posted||July 1, 2021|
|Address||524 Genomic Dr|
Illumina is the global leader in genomics – an industry at the intersection of biology and technology.
Imagine a world where every cancer is diagnosed before symptoms appear or where risk of cardiovascular disease can be predicted from your DNA. That’s the mission we’re on at Illumina, to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome.
“We need to create an environment where we can attract the very best talent, to do their best work, and deliver on our mission.” -Francis De Souza, CEO
As we create our internal recruitment agency, we are at a critical juncture to add a specialization to support talent acquisition enablement. This role leads a large team of professionals (~20) to Invest in process and system improvements to increase efficiency and utilize our talented global team for the right work.
To ensure we can scale with the speed and agility of genomic innovation and evolution we must Ensure efficient procedures, and workflow to minimize impact to talent.
Goals for this role include: improve automation; reduce duplication; reinvent workflow to required/ minimal steps; create tools and resources to improve self-service and execution. We must maximize our investments, including human capital, systems, and other resources to enable our talent ecosystem. This role will be critical to our well-run organization, and will be responsible for:
- Improving process, procedure, and related policy to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Identifying system enhancements of current systems to minimize duplication, improve workflow, and improve efficiency
- Improve TA process and activation to ensure OFCCP compliance and our hiring of underrepresented groups
- Build tools and resources to enable us to scale with speed and agility
This role will lead a team ~20, and the TA support functions, including:
- Recruitment coordinators
- Ensuring effective and efficient candidate scheduling and interviewer feedback, Candidate and Hiring Manager experiences, and other services
- Contractor staffing
- Building our contingent staffing organization including vendor management, KPIs and SLAs
- Talent Enablement (new team focused on process, procedure and system efficiency)
- Develop and improve process
- Documentation, tools, and resources
- System SME and bridge to our HRIS team
- Staffing forecasting to reconcile forecasts, requisitions enabling our ability to deliver.
This leader will help us to continue to grow and advance our capabilities. This ideal leader probably has experiences in Talent Acquisition system implementation, HR operations or HRIS. They would be motivated by making things better and understand the value of creating infrastructure to enable us to scale with agility, accuracy, and speed.
- We are in a state of evolution. This requires the continued development of the right infrastructure, process, and system enhancement to make work easier, advancing objectivity and fairness, and improve our ability to be effective and efficient.
- We are a data driven organization. We count on our HR leaders to be able to identify and utilize data insights to make solid business decisions.
- This role is responsible for the US recruitment enablement team but will have responsibility to integrate with EMEA and APAC for a global approach to talent acquisition. We are more the same than different.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong leader, who can
- Develop a complete and accurate understanding of the business’ aims and translate this into recruitment strategies
- Effectively turn ideas into actions, and generate momentum and followership
- Navigate important relationships with partners, stakeholders and candidates
- Build solid plans with the right goals to move our team forward
The ideal candidate will likely:
Have 15 years’ experience in a HR leadership role and 5-8 years in a senior recruiting leadership role. Ideally have had a combination of recruiting, HR OPS, HRIS, systems implementation or project management.
Have BA/BS or equivalent experience
Have worked in a high-volume recruitment environment (1500+ hires/ year)
Experience in Technology or Biotechnology preferred
**this role must be within periodic commuting distance of our Madison WI location**