|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||June 10, 2020|
|Address||8551 Research Way #90|
169451 – Electrician
The Facility Electrician is responsible for performing a wide range of maintenance activities. Responsible for preventive maintenance, inspecting, installations, and electrical upgrades. Provides support and assistance to other skilled trades. Responsible for providing quality service to internal customers through the timely and accurate completion of utility maintenance work orders.
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health!
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry. Our scientists work together to accelerate pharmaceutical development for small molecules, biologics, and vaccines -allowing our clients to make faster decisions about their compounds.
- Inspecting systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
- Troubleshooting electrical components, wiring diagrams, transformers, motors, panels, and circuits
- Understands the National Electric Code
- Demonstrates excellent customer relations
- Complete urgent electrical repairs
- Support planning of electrical modifications on campus.
- Ability to be on call a plus
- Preforms all other duties as assigned
What to Expect Next:
We look forward to receiving your application. A member of our talent acquisition team will review your qualifications and if interested, you will be contacted for an interview.
Once your application is submitted, check out the link below to earn more about our Middleton, WI site! https://www.ppdi.com/Services/Laboratories/cGMP-Lab-Testing
Education and Experience:
- High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Technical positions may require a certificate
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to at least 6 years) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple projects and balance priorities
- Positive attitude and the ability to interact effectively with others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of specialized outsourced suppliers and vendors
- May require advanced knowledge of building systems including, but not limited to, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and controls
- May require knowledge and understanding of computerized maintenance and work order systems
- May require a good understanding of security systems
- No management responsibility
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Work is performed in an office and/or a laboratory and/or a clinical environment with exposure to electrical equipment.
- May occasionally drive to site locations.
- Potential Occasional travel required.
- Frequent mobility required.May be stationary for 4-6 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moving) objects, including luggage and laptop computer, with a maximum lift of 25 lbs. required frequently.
- Lifting / carrying objects of 26-50+ lbs. required occasionally
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- May interact with others, relating and gathering sensitive information.
- Interaction includes diverse groups.
- Works with guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions from management.
- May require periods of intense concentration. Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence.
- Ability to perform under stress.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.