|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 22, 2020|
|Address||8551 Research Way, Suite 90|
Expect more from your career. Expect PPD.
The PPD GMP Laboratories business unit of PPD is a market leader in providing GMP analytical services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries. The PPD GMP Laboratories have ~1,400 employees located in Middleton, Wisconsin and Athlone, Ireland. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing scientific service business within one of the world’s premier drug development companies.
We provide a full complement of state-of-the-art GMP analytical testing resources and expertise to support commercial stability studies, release testing and quality control analyses for active pharmaceutical ingredients and drug products in virtually all dosage forms and delivery systems.
As the Group Leader – Cell BioAssay your basic purpose will be to ensure efficient and effective management of PPD resources. You will supervise and assist scientists in laboratory operations with tasks such as scheduling, resource management, technical and compliance related issues. In addition, you will plan, direct and implement improvements in systems, processes and procedures to increase efficiency, productivity and quality in the laboratory.
- Provides management and direction to laboratory staff and resources for project activities and needs, oversee daily operations to monitor quality and project timelines, and assist in preparation and implementation of company policies, quality systems and training programs.
- Ensures responsiveness to the customer and overall, client satisfaction.
- Plans and monitors the progress and quality of projects by utilizing the financial and quality management tools available at PPD
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 8 years)
- or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, and experience.
- 1+ year of leadership responsibility
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to cultivate a collaborative work environment with a team
- Experience with Cell Based Assays
- Effective negotiating skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of QA metrics of program base; ability to write and recommend changes to PPD SOPs
- Ability to troubleshoot multiple systems/methodologies
- Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
- Understanding of basic financial terms and definitions as it applies to the business
- Understanding of proposal and project scope as it relates to pricing, resource management and the impact on business
- Project and time management skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.