|Date Posted||August 13, 2020|
|Address||465 Science Dr|
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics is a leading developer and supplier of human cells used in drug discovery, toxicity testing, stem cell banking, and cell therapy development. We partner with innovators from around the world to combine biologically relevant human cells with the newest technologies to drive advancements in medicine and healthier living. Our technology can be used to create induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) from anyone and followed by the powerful capability to develop into virtually any cell type in the human body. Our proprietary manufacturing system result in inventoried iCell® products and donor-specific MyCell® Products in the quantity, quality, purity, and reproducibility required for drug and cell therapy development
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamic, Inc in Madison, WI is recruiting for a motivated Group Leader for the Immune Cell Therapy Program. The ideal candidate will have a strong background and proven accomplishments in immunology and human pluripotent stem cells, as well as experience in supervising/mentoring. Qualified individuals must be inspired to support the development of cell-based therapies. FCDI aspires to improve the quality of life through our efforts. In return FCDI will provide development and support to enhance your career in cutting edge stem cell technology.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and optimize robust differentiation and analytical methods for human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC)-derived immune cell types, working within a large team and with collaborators to advance therapeutics to clinical trials.
- Design and execute on experimental plans to achieve project goals within a given time constraint.
- Communicate experimental results to the project team(s) and collaborators.
- Write protocols, technical reports, SOPs and develop appropriate documentation for processes.
- Participate in technology transfer of processes to the QC, process engineering, and cGMP manufacturing groups
- Select, develop, train and retain capable staff of research and development professionals providing mentoring by assisting with experimental design & analysis, and fostering a team atmosphere.to ensure all aspects of the platform objectives and timelines are achieved.
- Other job functions as assigned.
- PhD in Immunology or Stem Cell Biology (preferred), Biomedical Engineering or a closely related field required, or Master’s in comparable field plus 3 years of relevant experience.
- 3 years of additional and relevant experience in immunology and stem cell biology, with experience in the pharmaceutical industry or with a CRO supporting drug research and development, with demonstrated achievements and progressive responsibilities.
- Demonstrated capabilities in human iPSC or human ESC culture, including experience differentiating pluripotent stem cells towards an immune fate.
- Demonstrated and effective communication skills, and proficiency working independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and lead a team.
- Independent experimental design and execution.
- Demonstrated proficiency with cell culture, flow cytometry, and molecular biology methods.
- Demonstrated work ethic, initiative, the ability to multi-task, and intellectual curiosity to new technical skills.
- Overnight and international travel – 10%
- Ability to work some weekends and off-hours work
- Able to work at computer for extended periods of time
- Able to work in laboratory hood for extended periods of time.
- Able to work with hazardous materials (i.e. chemicals, electrical equipment and human tissue) without endangering oneself or others.
- Able to work at computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to wear standard laboratory PPE.