|Date Posted||April 16, 2021|
|Address||3326 Agriculture Drive|
Want to work in a flexible, High Performance Work System?
It’s an exciting time to be part of the Nutrition & Biosciences family at IFF (formerly DuPont).
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
• Medical insurance, including a generous company contribution to a Health Savings Account
• Prescription drug coverage, dental and vision insurance
• 401k plan with a generous company match and a separate company Retirement Contribution 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, 12 paid holidays annually and a bonus plan
NATURE OF WORK
Responsible for managing the Probiotic Development Madison laboratory. Duties include laboratory organization and maintenance, ordering and activities to facilitate the daily operation of the lab. The position will also assist with laboratory experiments by performing microbiological enumerations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
1. Adherence to and promotion of the IFF Cultural Principles: Act as an Owner, Be Agile and Collaborate and Win Together
2. Ensure adherence to all quality systems including, but not limited to, ISO 9001 and Food Safety, and equipment calibration with an understanding of IFF’s Quality Policy and procedures as they relate to the position.
3. Compliance with laboratory safety protocols – proper protective equipment, safe operation of laboratory equipment
4. Maintain clean work areas and ensure that equipment in the laboratory is properly maintained, safe and operational
5. Coordination of activities to keep the laboratory running – maintaining stocks of key media, agar, and other laboratory supplies. Ordering of laboratory consumables. Maintenance of laboratory spaces and equipment. Ensuring that stocks are maintained for media and other laboratory supplies. Monitoring and use of electronic laboratory systems for consumables inventory management and environmental/incubator temperature and humidity tracking.
6. Learn and understand the workflow of probiotic stability study programs in the laboratory to assist with Laboratory Inventory Management Systems (LIMS) implementation and maintenance
7. Writing of laboratory SOPs and Work Instructions as appropriate.
8. Assist in microbiological enumeration of probiotic bacteria in a wide range of food and dietary supplement applications
9. Maintaining accurate records of laboratory work
10. Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
11. Compliance with applicable company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
12. Compliance with all Company and Department policies is required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
To successfully perform the requirements of this position, the incumbent must possess a two-year biotechnology, microbiology, biology, or directly related degree with 5 years’ experience in a laboratory environment. Familiarity with LIMS is a plus. Must be able to communicate effectively (verbal and written) and have appropriate organizational and interpersonal skills. Additional requirements include: ability to work independently and carry-out scientific experiments, ability to operate and trouble-shoot lab equipment, and ability to carry-out department objectives.
SCOPE OF POSITION
This position reports directly to a Group Manager- Probiotics Development position. The successful candidate will maintain a busy, operating laboratory by coordinating functions such as ordering, laboratory maintenance and equipment upkeep as well as assist in conducting laboratory experiments. The Lab Management Lead will be expected to work as part of an integrated team, carrying out project plans as well as demonstrating the ability to work independently.
Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of this position at any time.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR SAFETY
Incumbent must strictly adhere to Innovation Department guidelines and protocol when handling hazardous substances.
This position operates in a cubicle/laboratory environment.
1. Compliance with IFF’s Cultural Principles
2. Efficient completion and reporting of work and results.
3. Positive interdepartmental relations.
4. Sharing information with management, production, quality control and customer services staffs in a concise and professional manner.
5. Maintenance of work area and equipment.
6. Accurate and up-to-date recording of data in laboratory notebooks.