|Date Posted||June 3, 2021|
|Address||8551 Research Way, Suite 90|
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
As an Associate Sample Coordinator, you will be part of a laboratory support team, acquiring skills required in order to complete a variety of sample and standard handling tasks.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Performs duties and training to acquire the skills required for sample and standard handling in support of the laboratory. Provides support to Sample Coordinator and performs administrative tasks in the Sample Management department. Follows SOPs, applicable client procedures, and fulfills laboratory requests with modest direct supervision.
- Performs a variety of simple inventory tracking procedures (receipt, check-in, login, labeling, inventory, transport, check-out, etc.) and administrative tasks in support of laboratory operations.
- Communicates status of tasks to supervisor and/or appropriate laboratory staff.
- Trains on SOPs, regulatory guidelines, and storage requirements.
- Supports response to environmental unit alarms and may participate in on-call responsibilities.
- Performs daily work assignments accurately, timely and in a safe manner.
High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Technical positions may require a certificate
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 1 year) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Time management skills
- Ability to maintain detailed tracking and documentation clearly and accurately according to SOP
- Written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.