|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||June 10, 2020|
|Address||8551 Research Way #90|
Lab Support Technician
Team and Role Description:
As a Lab Support Tech, you are integral to our ability to support our clients and ultimately, patients in need here at PPD’s GMP Lab! Laboratory Technicians may work with various teams (metrology, sample entry, stability, etc.) or work in a designated lab to assist in maintenance of laboratory systems and resources and assist with preparation of laboratory reagents and solutions. The ability to work on a team, as well as independently, while maintaining clear communication is key to this role!
- Understands and conforms to all standard operating procedures, methods, and protocols applicable to assigned tasks
- Maintains compliant laboratory documentation. Ensures all laboratory equipment and work areas are clean, sterile, and in proper working order
- Routinely operates laboratory equipment
- Communicates task status to laboratory manager or designee
- Performs daily work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
The Lab Support Tech role allows you to gain insight into the laboratory environment by providing comprehensive training on GMP policy, PPD SOP’s and much more! Our teams support career growth whether you are looking for long term opportunities within the scientific ladder, to pursue project management, or develop into a leader -- these are just a few career pathways available once you become a part of the PPD team.
To learn how PPD can advance your career, apply now!
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health! We hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk - our award winning training programs speak for themselves.
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry. Our scientists work together to accelerate pharmaceutical development for small molecules, biologics, and vaccines -allowing our clients to make faster decisions about their compounds.
What to Expect Next
We look forward to receiving your application. A member of our talent acquisition team will review your qualifications and if interested, you will be contacted for an interview.
Once your application is submitted, check out the link below to earn more about our Middleton, WI site! https://www.ppdi.com/Services/Laboratories/cGMP-Lab-Testing
Education and Experience:
- 2-year technical degree/1 year of college coursework in a laboratory science equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communication skills
- Data recording skills
- Ability to follow laboratory safety procedures
- Good cooperative and collaborative skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to adhere to laboratory policies and standard operating procedures
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities