|Date Posted||August 11, 2020|
|Address||726 Heartland Trail, Suite 100|
Catalent hires people with a passion to make a difference to the health of millions of people globally. Your expertise, coupled with Catalent’s advanced technologies and collaboration with thousands of innovative pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare companies, will help bring life-enhancing products to the people you know and love. Your talents, ideas and passion are essential to our mission; to develop, manufacture and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Interested in learning more about life at Catalent? Start here
The Cell Line Development team is responsible for using the patented GPEx® technology to create high performance stable cell lines using a non-replicative retrovector system. This is an entry level position and is the starting point to acquire skills and training required for a biotech lab setting. The position is expected to follow detailed instructions and established procedures with frequent supervision.
The position will perform daily work assignments accurately and in a timely and safe manner. This position will perform routine scientific work, evaluating, selecting and applying standardized scientific procedures and techniques to assignments with clear, specific objectives; assignments require investigation of a limited number of variables and few complex features. Limited exercise of judgment is required on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of alternatives.
In concert with Catalent’s Patient First philosophy, the cell line development team executes and documents development activities at the highest caliber pursuant to our goal of delivering products and services of the highest quality to our customers in a timely manner.
- Maintains parental cell lines
- Maintains the production calendar
- Cleans and sterilizes lab and lab materials
- Disposes of trash and recyclables, including autoclaving
- Accurately completes routine and preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment
- Makes supplements, media, and/or buffers as necessary
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Biotechnology, or related field required
- Experience operating and maintaining equipment specific for a Cell Culture or
- Aseptic technique experience
- Mammalian cell culture experience
- Good documentation practices (GDP)
- Experience following standard operating procedures
- General laboratory equipment experience, including micropipettes
Catalent’s standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- Fast tracked career growth, with annual performance review and feedback process
- Competitive base salary with other compensation incentives including yearly incentive plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K are all offered on day one of employment
- 19 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) + 7 paid holidays
- Onsite gym, Catalent corporate discount perks, paid volunteer time off program and other benefits too numerous to mention!
- Defined career path and annual performance review and feedback process