|Date Posted||March 10, 2021|
|Address||6603 Femrite Dr|
Laboratory Equipment Technician (Madison, WI)
JR000011234 Laboratory Equipment Technician (Madison, WI) (Open)
ST-Madison - USA504
The individual in this position is responsible for performing equipment maintenance, and assisting with validation, calibration, and qualification protocols for defined cGMP and Research and Development equipment. This position is part of the Engineering Service Organization that serves the needs of the supported departments including Manufacturing, QC, and R&D. This position supports both GMP and non-GMP equipment and departments.
• Perform routine preventative maintenance of designated cGMP and R&D laboratory equipment and systems.
• Participate and contribute to the direction of the department policies and SOP’s on calibration, maintenance, mapping, equipment specifications, and overall equipment management.
• Perform calibration, preventative maintenance and qualification of non-GMP and GMP equipment and systems.
• Initiate and revise appropriate equipment documentation including Standard Operating Procedures, Document/Equipment Change Controls, etc.
• Facilitate equipment selection, specification and implementation and develop procedures and/or protocols to support newly acquired equipment and systems.
• Serve as technical resource for equipment-related contractors and vendors.
• Serve as a shared contact for after-hour equipment alarm system response.
• Involved in deviation or investigation and resolution for problems and issues encountered during field execution activities.
• May perform additional duties as required.
Experience / Skills:
• An Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in scientific or technical discipline is preferred.
• Familiarity and understanding of general laboratory equipment and their operation.
• Ability to adhere to written procedures.
• Experience in Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to operate in a laboratory environment wearing appropriate apparel.
Laboratory Equipment Technician will report to the Engineering Manager – Equipment in the Facilities and Equipment group.
• Work in GMP and Non-GMP Laboratory – Manufacturing, Quality Control, R&D.
• A portion of work performed in a cleanroom.
• Ability to sit for periods of time to read and perform documentation requirements associated to the position.