|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||May 27, 2020|
|Address||2800 Woods Hollow Rd #5399|
JOB OBJECTIVE: The CLIA Laboratory Manager is responsible and accountable for the daily operations and success of the testing clinics, including oversight of regulatory, technical and personnel aspects of the lab, with guidance from the Lab Director.
1. Technical and scientific oversight of the laboratory.
2. Provide day-to-day supervision of laboratory operations, testing personnel, and accurate reporting of test results.
3. Responsible for the proper performance of all laboratory procedures and reporting of test results in the absence of the laboratory director.
4. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Receiving and accessioning of patient samples, if/when indicated.
2. Specimen processing, test performance, and reporting test results, if/when indicated.
3. Lab-based literature reviews and technical presentations, if/when indicated.
4. Additional tasks, as delegated by the CLIA Laboratory Director.
1. B.S./M.S./Ph.D. in a chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution.
2. At least 4/2/1 years of laboratory training and/or experience in high complexity testing within the specialty of microbiology (length varies depending on education/degree) in a CLIA and/or CAP environment.
3. At least 6 months of experience in high complexity testing within the subspecialty of virology in a CLIA and/or CAP environment.
4. Personnel management experience in a laboratory-based setting.
5. Strong technical skills; excellent troubleshooting ability; experience with clinical test development/assay validation; familiarity with document control process and quality management programs.
6. Proficient with molecular/PCR-based testing, including RT-PCR, and serology assays.
7. Excellent organizational and communication skills.
1. At least 8 years of experience in a CLIA and/or CAP-certified laboratory, including personnel management.
2. Experience with clinical molecular genetic testing in a CLIA and/or CAP environment, including microsatellite instability testing and other molecular oncology assays.
1. Ability to sit at a desk for prolonged periods of time.
2. Ability to stand at the bench for prolonged periods of time.