|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 21, 2020|
|Address||504 Rosa Road|
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics is a leading developer and supplier of human cells used in drug discovery, toxicity testing, stem cell banking, and cell therapy development. We partner with innovators from around the world to combine biologically relevant human cells with the newest technologies to drive advancements in medicine and healthier living. Our technology can be used to create induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) from anyone and followed by the powerful capability to develop into virtually any cell type in the human body. Our proprietary manufacturing system result in inventoried iCell® products and donor-specific MyCell® Products in the quantity, quality, purity, and reproducibility required for drug and cell therapy development
FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics, Inc in Madison, WI is recruiting for a Biomanufacturing Specialist to support our research-use-only products business. This role provides outstanding opportunities for talented self-motivated individuals, ideally with experience in mammalian cell culture and cell biology laboratory techniques, who can contribute to our business of generating products from human induced pluripotent stem cells.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform laboratory work in a manufacturing setting, primarily working with iPS cell culture and differentiation, following bio-manufacturing procedures and manufacturing schedules to facilitate on-time delivery of high-quality finished products.
- Maintain laboratory standards to include but not limited to monitoring status, routine maintenance, and raw material inventories using ERP system.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs by identifying, developing, and implementing improvements to biomanufacturing procedures.
- Maintain high level of product and process quality standards and document all work according to Good Documentation Practices..
- Analyze in-process and QC data to identify trends and key process parameters to troubleshoot and resolve trends in bio-manufacturing processes.
- Identify and implement cost-reduction opportunities.
- Maintain a safe and compliant work environment.
- Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to FUJIFILM Cellular Dynamics, Inc. business.
- Compile and analyze data as requested and assist in implementation activities to include process changes and corrective actions.
- Participate on Technical Transfer teams.
- Some weekend work is required.
- Other job functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or related technical field, or an associate degree in a comparable field of study plus two years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the following:
- Work in laboratory hood for extended periods of time including repetitive hand motions.
- Comfort working with clearly labeled hazardous materials – following all safe handling procedures.
- Work at computer for extended periods of time.
- Wear standard laboratory personal protective equipment
- Occasionally lift 50 pounds