|Date Posted||February 17, 2021|
|Address||3030 Ohmeda Dr|
Job Description Summary
In this role you will be responsible for providing occupational health nursing care to employees at the plant and with regional responsibilities, as authorized by Federal/Local laws and under the direction of a GEHC Medical Director and reporting to the Senior Health Services Program Manager.
GE Healthcare is a medical technology and diagnostics business with a vision to become the leading innovator enabling precision health. With us, you can touch the lives of thousands of people globally and make every moment matter in your career.
- Providing primary occupational health nursing care, including assessment, follow-up and patient education in accordance with federal/local laws and directives issued by GEHC
- Providing first aid and emergency response medical services to employees consistent with emergency plans, level of training, and certification
- Complying with all Federal/Local government regulations and GE guidelines regarding recordkeeping
- Assisting employees unable to work due to medical leave, (includes partnering with employees and their families, management, HR, DBLC-disability benefits and leave center, Workers’ Compensation carriers, and Employee Assistance Program, etc.), with the objective of successful employee reintegration into the workforce
- Assisting employees with work related injuries.
- Facilitating required screenings and medical surveillance (such as hearing conservation, and vision and respirator screening), and regulatory and compliance work ( i.e. vendor credentialing, MR clearance, and ADA accommodation review). Promote wellness initiatives (such as flu immunizations and patient education)
- Close collaboration with facility leadership, including plant manager, EHS, HR
- Regional care coordination responsibilities for field employees, with close collaboration with field leadership
- Federal/Local licensing for nurse in jurisdiction of residence
- Four-year college/university bachelor’s degree (BSN) with minimum 5 years nursing experience and 2 years in a leadership position or Associates Degree in nursing with a minimum of 8 years nursing experience and 3 years in a leadership position
- Basic knowledge and skills in infection control and blood borne pathogens
- Basic knowledge of disability benefits, workers' compensation
- Basic knowledge of ADA accommodation and work status review
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, and web-based systems/programs
- Leadership experience in occupational health or employee health
- Emergency preparedness, public health nursing experience
- Intensive care, Emergency room, urgent care, or orthopedic nursing experience
- COHN- certified occupational health nurse, and/or CCM- certified case manager
- Respiratory and/or Audiology program certification(s)
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to be flexible and work with changing teams and priorities
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No