|Date Posted||July 19, 2021|
|Address||1101 Kettle Moraine Trail|
The role of Operator, Manufacturing 4 is primarily focused on supporting activities in the manufacturing environment, including but not limited to: equipment cleaning and setup, verification tasks during GMP manufacturing, and other production tasks as directed. The position primarily involves the safe and efficient manufacturing of API’s according to cGMP requirements.
- 3rd shift 10:00pm – 7:30am Monday through Thursday (36 hours)
Essential Job Functions:
• Show positive attitude, be respectful of others, and display MilliporeSigma values and competencies.
• Become a role model for other employees through superb work habits and excellent occupational behavior.
• Demonstrate proper lab safety practices, and work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines
• Consistently follow and actively promote proper safety protocols and PPE to other staff.
• Maintain the safety and cleanliness of production areas and all related equipment during each shift, specifically maintaining potent compound handling techniques.
• Utilize a wide variety of written procedures, including batch records and existing operating procedures with assistance from a supervisor.
• Perform as a secondary operator for GMP production of APIs and intermediates.
• Must be able to effectively operate production equipment during cleaning and as necessary to support production operations.
• Communicate production status effectively through shift pass-off meetings and email.
• Correct safety and process issue gaps as identified through standard inspections and audits in a timely and effective manner.
• Participate in department wide execution of corrective and preventive action implementations.
• Participate in implementation of department wide process improvement initiatives.
• Escalate issues appropriately based on scope and urgency.
• Participate in a team-based, multi-shift manufacturing environment comprised of multiple facilities.
Who You Are:
• Associate degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related Life Science
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent and 1+ years of pharmaceutical, chemical, or related production manufacturing experience
• Ability to read and understand written protocols
• Basic computer literacy (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Email, etc.)
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Mechanical aptitude
• Able to operate hand tools, calculators and weighing / measuring devices
• Basic mathematical skills
• Possess a high degree of motivation and are a self-starter
• Ability to multi-task while paying close attention to detail
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds with the assistance of equipment or teammates as necessary
• Must be willing to work with highly potent / hazardous materials
• Able to utilize proper personal protective equipment which could include, but is not limited to:
- Respiratory protection (dust masks, half/full face respirators, supplied air, etc)
- MilliporeSigma issued work uniforms
- Lab Coats
- Full body protection (disposable coveralls, hazmat suits, etc)