|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||July 24, 2019|
Contract GMP Manufacturing
|Address||W132N10550 Grant Drive|
The Plant Operator I is accountable for results in a fast-paced environment by safely and accurately operating process equipment and utilities. The Plant Operator I identifies minor equipment issues and uses the Allen-Bradley Control System to control the process operations and the work order system to request maintenance and/or improvement work. A basic understanding of all reactor systems within the production unit including all ancillary equipment such as storage tanks, waste tanks, vacuum units, and scrubber systems is required. The employee will demonstrate this process knowledge through written proficiency examinations. The position requires superior leadership behaviors of the Alcami core competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in functional competencies included in this position profile.
- Completes weekly safety inspections of equipment (e.g., air packs, safety showers,) per department procedures.
- Uses Incident Reporting System to report safety or environmental incidents in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates environmental stewardship by preventing spills and correcting leaks as they are discovered.
- Reports any leaks that cannot be corrected to Maintenance and the supervisor.
- Utilizes existing control systems such as scrubbers and spot exhaust trunks to minimize the release of harmful materials.
- Performs shift, weekly, and monthly housekeeping duties per department procedures.
- Follows department cGMP procedures. Observe housekeeping and chemical hygiene practices to maintain a neat, safe, orderly and clean working environment.
- Uses documentation systems for inventory management and batch records.
- Maintains a high level of thoroughness and accuracy on all required paperwork.
- Utilizes proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing job functions.
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 3+ years’ experience in manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and prior work experience in a cGMP environment preferred.
- Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal example.
- Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety first culture.
- Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time right.
- Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and regulatory standards.
Alcami Core Leadership Competencies
- Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand the why. Focuses on work that matters.
- Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for continuous learning.
- Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more efficient.
- Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to improve.
- Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to provide value.
- Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
- Mechanical aptitude is preferred.
- Ability to adhere to cGMP requirements required. Knowledge of and prior work experience in a cGMP environment preferred.
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), safety and security rules and regulations as well as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on projects.
- Ability to maintain positive attendance record.
- Ability to perform complex math functions, compute ratios, rates, and percentages
- Ability to draw and interpret graphs and charts
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to safeguard sensitive, valuable, or critical proprietary information in a reliable manner to ensure company and information security.
- Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
- Profit sharing bonus plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave
- Voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness insurances