|Date Posted||June 30, 2021|
|Address||3301 Kinsman Blvd|
Covance by Labcorp, a business segment of Labcorp, is recognized as a leader in drug development, medical device, diagnostics, crop protection and chemical testing because of our exceptional people. We embrace and celebrate the different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our nearly 65,000 enterprise team members across the globe. Our team is driven by our mission to improve health and improve lives. Here, you can play a role in bringing new scientific discoveries to life and make a difference in the lives of millions. And, with our comprehensive service portfolio, you’ll have the opportunity to explore diverse projects and unique career paths across life science.
Global Post Doc Development Program
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the Covance by Labcorp Post Doc Development Program at our Madison, WI location and apply your postdoc in an industry role.
Uniquely positioned as a world leader in drug development, we’ve crafted complex and cutting edge projects specifically for motivated postdocs who want to explore research in industry.
Postdocs hired into our program will also participate in a tailored learning and development journey designed to expand technical expertise, professional and leadership development and networking opportunities. The technical pillar of your learning journey includes regulatory training, such as GLP, conference attendance, publication opportunities and dedicated mentorship. Additionally, you’ll be part of leadership courses, executive speaker series, career exploration weeks and presentation opportunities with senior scientific leaders.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to apply your postdoc skills and experiences in an industry project with dedicated learning and development to support your scientific, research and professional career aspirations. Join us and take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world!
- Conduct independent scholarly research and develop new methods and protocols
- Participate in project planning, recording and evaluation of data
- Acquire technical, lab management and scientific writing skills
- Participate in seminars, lectures, poster sessions and presentation at national meetings
- Mentor junior lab members
- Establish receptor occupancy (RO) based PK/PD models and correlate RO PK/PD efficacy model with known clinical receptor occupancy data set.
- Utilize data set to enhance PK/PD modeling capabilities for nonclinical to clinical translation (primarily for non-small molecule applications).
- Investigate implementation of PBPK modeling for incorporation into PKPD models for large molecule (antibodies, proteins, oligonucleotides, etc.)
- Generate PBPK and drug-drug interaction (DDI) models using GastroPlus® (or other suitable) software
Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Toxicology, Pharmcokinetics, Pharmacometrics, Immunology, or related field; other scientific disciplines may be considered; practical understanding of Drug Metabolism desired
- Demonstrated ability to understand and operate standard instruments for immunology assay assessment such as flow cytometer, ELISA, and similar.
- Demonstrated understanding of PK/PD model generation and use
- Basic lab skills, sterile technique
- Excellent problem-solving skills including critical and analytical thinking
- Excellent communication, leadership, and project management skills
- Demonstrated scientific writing skills and strong verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently design and execute experiments, interpret data, and identify appropriate follow-up strategies
- Proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, initiative, and integrity
- Ability to multitask and work within timelines