|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||August 22, 2019|
|Address||8551 Research Way, Suite 90|
PPD Laboratories -- Between Spark and Innovation – HERE WE ARE
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health.
PPD Laboratories offer the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry. Our services accelerate pharmaceutical development for small molecules, biologics, and vaccines, allowing our clients to make faster decisions about their compounds.
- Extensive hands-on operation and troubleshooting experiences using various high-resolution mass spectrometers (Orbitrap or QToF) coupled to LC or CE to support large molecule (oligonucleotides/peptide/protein etc) structural analysis/characterization studies
- Coordinates all aspects of managing / method development and validation and specialty service areas within the division.
- Supervises and assists senior technical staff in laboratory operations such as scheduling, resource management, technical and compliance related issues.
- Interfaces with clients on scientific issues, study design and project technical requirements.
- Plans, directs and implements improvements in systems, processes and procedures to increase efficiency, productivity, quality and technical expertise in the laboratory.
- Assists division director in strategic planning, business development and new technology implementation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic/vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 12+ years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- OR Masters degree and previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 10+ year)
- OR PhD and previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 8+ year)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent technical capabilities with analytical expertise in LC-MS and/or CE-MS method development
- Effective written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to drive implementation of new systems or enhance existing ones
- Proven ability to implement change based on analysis of root causes, need, and experience and drive cross-function SOP changes
- Strong organizational agility and demonstrated drive for results
- Knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and fiscal management
- Proven ability to identify and implement common efficiencies across multiple programs/projects
- Previous GMP experience is a plus
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength, and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group.
For more information, please visit www.ppdi.com/careers.