|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||May 29, 2019|
|Address||1500 Highland Ave|
The Process Development and Manufacturing Specialist will be responsible for developing and supporting manufacturing operations with any number of upstream or downstream processes, co-developing manufacturing processes, executing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for manufacturing operations, conducting equipment and process validation of manufacturing processes, performing manufacturing activities under cGMPs and complete project assignments as required to support all of these. A Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in microbiology, cell biology, molecular biology, biochemical or chemical engineering, or related field. Well-qualified applicants will have the following preferred experience:
- One to three years of experience working in one of the following: translational research laboratory, biomanufacturing and/or in process development for biopharmaceuticals.
- Experience in any of the following areas: cell and microbial culture; purification of biological macromolecules, aseptic technique, (e.g. cell culture used in production of recombinant protein).
- Familiarity with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and application to the manufacture of biopharmaceuticals or biologics, particularly cell therapies.
- Experience with laboratory equipment, as well as in-process analytical methods (e.g., gel electrophoresis, western blot, bioanalysis, nucleofection, qPCR, flow cytometry, etc.)
- Experience with equipment operation and/or the flexibility and desire to learn operation of new equipment.
- Self-motivated with an enthusiastic, positive attitude, and excellent multi-tasking skills.
- The ability to work effectively both independently and in a fast-paced, client-oriented, team environment.
To find out more and to apply, please visit: http://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/cw/en-us/job/500203
Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, information regarding applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality. UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.