|Date Posted||May 12, 2021|
|Address||525 Verona Rd|
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
This position is in the Cell Biology business unit within the Biosciences Division of the Life Sciences and Laboratory Products Group at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
How will you make an impact?
You will help manage the Drug Discovery, ADME and Primary cells portfolio. You will support global product line strategy, help drive innovative solutions to customer issues, provide market leadership in the development of innovative products, and manage day-to-day operations of their portfolio to drive growth and profitability.
What will you do?
- Actively participate and contribute to the planning of the Advanced Cell Models portfolio including short/long term segment strategy development based on customer needs and market forecasts
- Manage annual revenue and profitability targets of the portfolio, supported by global list pricing and regional discounting strategies.
- Manage full product life cycle including product discontinuation strategies to ensure seamless customer experience and smooth revenue transition
- Assess and recommend growth opportunities, including new product ideas based on technical and market understanding – enlist others as needed
- Partner with sales, R&D, market development, and operations, to maximize portfolio revenue (i.e. help drive process improvements) and develop and execute marketing strategies
- Create compelling value propositions that effectively match our core business strengths to market needs, and work with market development to develop/deliver specific marketing messages to stimulate demand.
- Partner with regional marketing and global market development teams to use market research, and voice of customer feedback in specific regions and customer segments to understand dynamics of market evolution and competitive forces to maintain competitive advantage. Translate information into plans of action.
- Create, coordinate, and deliver sales training and proactively communicate with management on the product portfolio, its performance, and any changes in the market or competition.
How will you get here?
- Bachelors degree in Life Sciences or related discipline required
- MBA preferred
- 3+ years of Product Management, Marketing, Sales or similar relevant experience preferred
- Knowledge of the Bioscience industry and/or biological sciences
- Demonstrated experience in conducting, collecting, and analyzing internal and external market related data, including voice of customer
- Experience with financial modeling or data analysis skills. Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track results
- Scientific experience in drug discovery or primary cell research preferred
- Experience launching products into the Life Sciences research market preferred
- Experience in external negotiations to gain cooperation preferred
- Experience of presenting high-level information to multiple audiences, including scientists, executives and non-scientific personnel preferred
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Proven ability to distill customer requirements and understand competitive strengths and weaknesses to develop compelling product offerings and value propositions to addresses competitive threats
- Good organizational & time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a matrix management structure and partner seamlessly within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships cross functionally, gain internal cooperation and/or buy-in, and influencing others without direct authority
- Ability to act in a relatively autonomous capacity and address problems of limited scope and complexity
- Ability to travel up to 25%, including international