|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||March 5, 2019|
|Address||5399, 2800 Woods Hollow Rd|
JOB OBJECTIVE: Promega is dedicated to serving patients through effective communication with and education of physicians, laboratory directors, and other healthcare providers that utilize Promega products. The Medical Science Liaison is a professional who serves as a key field-based scientific resource for these clients and internal Promega colleagues.
1. Reviews, critiques, and summarizes scientific publications related to use of Promega products in clinical diagnostics and research.
2. Collects, analyzes, and communicates fair and balanced information concerning applications of Promega products and the clinical context of their use.
3. Addresses medical information inquires, including questions about off-label uses of products.
4. Provides effective scientific presentations to internal and external audiences and tailors presentations to meet specific audience needs. Conducts a variety of educational programs to meet the needs of healthcare providers, KOLs and Institutions.
5. Serves as a scientific expert at key medical and scientific conferences, advisory boards, clinical investigator meetings, and patient advocacy group meetings.
6. Maintains a deep knowledge of the scientific trends within the clinical diagnostic environments and be able to effectively synthesize and communicate scientific field insights to internal stakeholders.
7. Maintains and broadens synergistic relationships with KOLs to expand research, advisory, and educational partnership opportunities. Identifies and facilitates national and global networking opportunities between KOLs and internal and external colleagues.
8. Assesses feasibility, facilitates submission, and serves as a primary liaison between Promega and investigators for Investigator-Initiated Studies and Clinical Trials from inception to publication.
9. Provides the VOC from KOLs and other healthcare providers to the Clinical Diagnostic SBU and R&D to aid in understanding patient needs and product conceptualization.
10. Provide scientific and outcomes research support for projects including support of payor decisions.
11. Support key company initiatives and complete projects in a timely manner.
12. Accountable for key interactions, strategic focus, and planning for defined key accounts.
13. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Interface with the Chief Medical Officer to ensure that materials and messages are medically correct and relevant.
2. Work closely with Marketing and Sales to manage promotional materials and presentations including training of staff and development of presentation materials and customized slide decks.
3. Work closely with regulatory affairs professionals to make sure Medical Affairs and Sales materials are consistent with regulatory guidelines in various countries around the world.
4. Interactions with the Medical Advisory Board.
1. Doctorate degree (Ph.D., MD, or Pharm D) is required
2. At least one year MSL or sales or other direct customer interaction experience.
3. Strong interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to clearly articulate complex scientific concepts.
4. Ability to critically evaluate and interpret scientific literature including its potential impact on clinical practice and medical strategy for products.
5. Ability to take initiative and work both independently and in a team environment.
6. Ability to track and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
7. Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
1. Clinical Diagnostic related experience, preferably in molecular diagnostics.
2. Business acumen with an understanding of the clinical diagnostic industry.
3. Experience with CRM systems.
4. Proficient in Microsoft and web-based applications.
1. Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to sit for an extended period.
3. Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
4. Ability to travel (by land and air), both domestically and internationally. Ability to travel via automobile, airplane or other mode of commuter transportation.
5. Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, etc. face-to-face, via the telephone or by email.
6. Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.