|Date Posted||January 3, 2021|
|Address||2800 Woods Hollow Rd|
JOB OBJECTIVE: Join a team of scientists working to launch a newly built chemical manufacturing facility, qualification and commissioning of new equipment with automation, as well as technology transfer and scale-up. This is an excellent career development opportunity to be a part of the exciting and challenging project of preparing the plant for production as well as producing our first batches of components to support Promega products.
1. Manufactures a wide variety of chemical compounds as part of a dynamic production team.
2. Acts as lead production scientist for a program and trains team on related processes.
3. Trains new staff in processes, equipment, and procedures.
4. Documents all production activities in accordance with Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
5. Collaborates with Analytical, Quality Assurance, Procurement, EHS, and other departments to ensure continuity of process and prevent delays.
6. Safely handles, transfers, and manipulates chemicals in accordance with all policies and procedures while utilizing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and engineering controls.
7. Cooperates with production teammates to ensure safe, high quality production.
8. Communicates with the production team and management to ensure alignment on goals and obstacles.
9. Reacts to complex challenges by notifying management and offering appropriate solutions.
10. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Orders equipment, commodities, and other materials as required.
2. Identifies and implements process improvements to safety, quality, and productivity.
3. Drafts and updates operating procedures.
4. Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor and/or manager
1. B.S. degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or related scientific discipline and 3+ years of related experience processing in a
GDP chemical manufacturing environment.
3. High School Diploma (or equivalent) and 8+ years’ experience in a chemical manufacturing environment.
4. Experience handling hazardous compounds and wearing PPE.
5. Glassware, Kilo, and Pilot Plant Scale manufacturing experience, up to 500gal reactor size.
6. Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations using a calculator. Understanding of concepts such as order of operations, significant figures, and percentages.
7. Competent in stoichiometric calculations in the metric system.
8. Proficiency in typing, email, use of a computer, and standard Microsoft Office software to communicate and work efficiently.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
10. Thrives in a team environment.
11. Familiarity with chemical processes such as distillation, flash chromatography, filtration, and reactions.
1. Experience in a GMP, GDP, or other regulated chemical production environment.
2. Demonstrated proficiency in analytical data interpretation (HPLC, GC, NMR, etc.).
3. Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
4. Experience managing a project and/or leading a team in a production environment.
5. Experience in process transfer or scale-up involving complex chemistry.
6. Willingness to participate on Spill Response Team.
1. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
2. Ability to use respiratory protection including respirators and supplied air.
3. Ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time while monitoring critical equipment.
4. Ability to utilize a pallet jack, drum dolly, hoists, and other support equipment to move heavy materials.
5. Ability to lift 50lb using safe lifting techniques.