|Location||2800 Woods Hollow Rd, Fitchburg, WI|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2020|
|Address||2800 Woods Hollow Rd|
JOB OBJECTIVE: Manufactures, quality tests components/kits and supports new product transfers within the product area.
Please take some time to visit https://www.promega.com/responsibility to find out what makes Promega such a unique and dynamic place to work.
1. Manufacture a variety of biologics and/or biochemical products so as to meet product specifications. Follow production schedules to assure on-time delivery of finished product. Perform assays to assure that products meet existing requirements for purity, activity and functionality. When necessary, evaluate raw materials to assure they meet requirements for quality.
2. Design experiments to problem-solve and improve existing manufacturing and QC processes.
3. Understanding of quality requirements that relate to area. Demonstrates good documentation practices and consistently produces quality products and documentation. Follow existing policies for data recording and record keeping.
4. Assist with writing, reviewing and revising manufacturing and QC protocols for clarity, appropriate technical content, process improvements, scale-up and/or raw material changes as prescribed by the Promega policies and procedures.
5. May assist on multidisciplinary product improvement and development teams by providing information and technical support to meet team goals. Interact as needed with Marketing, QA and R&D personnel to identify customer requirements for new products and process improvements.
6. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Assist with and follow project plans and experimental design with assistance. Provide data or information to others in work area, and assist in implementation activities for own products.
1. A.D. or B.S. or M.S. degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology). Degree and years of experience as reflected in a proven record of accomplishment in the Essential Duties of this position are used to determine qualification for Production Scientist II.
2. Significant experience 3-7+ years with production equipment, biochemical separations, compounding, and testing methods. Proven technical skills and documented ability and effectiveness in carrying out the Essential Duties of this position.
3. Documented record of accomplishment in experimental design and problem solving relevant to this position.
4. Documented record of organizational and multi-tasking skills; able to effectively work on several projects and/or products.
5. Proven ability to work as part of a team.
6. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, ERP systems, etc.
7. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret and communicate scientific results and to interact productively with scientists in the team.
1. Experience in preparative protein purification and/or expertise in assay methods for biochemical activity, contaminant testing and product applications as required for the specific position.
2. Experience or familiarity with ISO 9000 or cGMPs.
3. Prior industry experience.
4. Experience with use of analytical software for collection and analysis of experimental data.
5. Proven ability to set goals, implement project plans, and monitor progress.
1. Ability to work at a laboratory bench for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to work with hazardous materials (e.g. chemicals, radioactivity, electrical equipment) so as not to endanger oneself or others.
3. Ability to use computers in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
4. Ability to use standard laboratory protective equipment (e.g. goggles, lab coat, protective gloves).
5. Ability to lift 50 lb. occasionally.