|Location||San Diego, California|
|Date Posted||September 11, 2020|
|Address||5200 Illumina Way|
You are the scientist Illumina-Madison is looking for! In your future role at the Wisconsin site of the global front-runner in genetic sequencing, you will be one of a group of scientists who produce the fuel for Illumina’s sequencing which is used in the study of genetic variation and function in realms from cancer research to agriculture. You will be part of a diverse team that is self-directed, you will be responsible for completing the cGMP manufacturing of a wide variety enzymes using-state-of-art processes and equipment, participating in team-based improvement projects, and be expected to participate in an inquisitive scientific environment. You will also work with other teams in a collaborative environment. We want your talent, genuine curiosity about applied science, enthusiasm for creative problem solving, and drive to get things done.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work independently and collaboratively as part of a scientific team and participate in team meetings and initiatives.
- GMP manufacturing of wide variety of DNA modifying enzymes through a range of purification process at varying scales. In addition to supporting reagent formulations and aliquoting of the enzymes. All in accordance with a production schedule.
- Maintain accurate production records.
- Maintain organization and inventory of lab supplies, equipment and reagents.
- Assist with continuous improvement and best practice projects within the team.
- Collaborate as part of a multi-discipline scientific team and participate in team meetings and projects.
- Other related duties that may be requested.
- Demonstrated ability to work on diverse teams.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and take initiative.
- Excellent laboratory, organizational, and research skills.
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in Laboratory environment.
- An A.S. or B.S. degree in chemistry, biology or related field (or High School Diploma with equivalent experience) with a minimum of 1 year of related Laboratory experience.