|Date Posted||January 3, 2021|
|Address||524 Genomic Dr|
You are the scientist Illumina-Madison is looking for! In your future role at the Wisconsin site of the global front-runner in genetic sequencing, you will be one of a group of scientists who produce the fuel for Illumina’s sequencing which is used in the study of genetic variation and function in realms from cancer research to agriculture. As part of a diverse, self-directed team, you will be responsible for completing the cGMP manufacturing of a wide variety enzymes using-state-of-art processes and equipment, participating in team-based improvement projects, and be expected to participate in an inquisitive scientific environment. You will also work with other teams in a collaborative environment. We want your talent, genuine curiosity about applied science, enthusiasm for creative problem solving, and drive to get things done.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work independently and collaboratively as part of a scientific team and participate in team meetings and initiatives.
- GMP manufacturing of wide variety of DNA modifying enzymes through a range of purification process at varying scales. In addition to supporting reagent formulations and aliquoting of the enzymes. All in accordance with a production schedule.
- Complete root cause analysis and execute recovery actions.
- Teach technical aspects to others.
- Contribute in investigation and resolution of technical problems.
- Perform analyses of processes, identify gaps and deficiencies.
- Maintain organization and inventory of lab supplies, equipment and reagents.
- Assist with continuous improvement and best practice projects within the team.
- Collaborate as part of a multi-discipline scientific team and participate in team meetings and projects.
- Other duties that may be requested by management.
- Demonstrated ability to work on diverse teams.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and take initiative.
- Excellent laboratory, organizational, and research skills.
- Experienced in problem solving and reasoning skills.
- AS/BS degree in chemistry, biology or related field with a minimum of 4+ year of related laboratory experience.