|Date Posted||November 6, 2020|
|Address||5602 Research Park Blvd.|
Mirus Bio is an established biotechnology company seeking a full-time Production Supervisor to join our growing team based in Madison, Wisconsin. The primary goal of this position is to manage and participate in activities associated with the manufacture and testing of Mirus research-grade products. These products include in vitro transfection reagents and kits, nucleic acid labeling kits, and accessory products. This position will report to the V.P. of Scientific Operations and work closely with Quality, Shipping, Technical Support and R&D departments. Laboratory duties will include transfection reagent formulation and dispensing, cell-based assays, nucleic acid labeling and other supporting release testing. Previous laboratory experience with mammalian tissue culture is required. This position will manage two direct reports and requires strong organizational and problem-solving abilities, as well as, scientific knowledge.
- Lead and work along-side two direct reports for the scheduling, manufacturing, and QC testing of research grade products. Provide technical insight for troubleshooting as needed.
- Write, review and update SOPs and forms associated with formulation and dispensing of research products.
- Utilize enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to monitor product inventory and build forecasts to identify manufacturing and dispensing needs
- Serve as the point of contact for work performed on Mirus’ behalf by contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) or for OEM customers
- Maintain quality standards by establishing and enforcing organization processes.
- Supervise, support, and develop Production Department personnel
- Manage production-related projects
- Interface and work amicably with co-workers
- Build positive relationships during internal and external interactions
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or advanced degree in Biology or related field with 5 or more years of relevant experience
- Experience with mammalian tissue culture and cellular assays
- Ability to work productively in a team environment
- Effective organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working for a life sciences company is preferred
The preceding functions are provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mirus Bio LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.