|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 31, 2020|
|Address||5399, 2800 Woods Hollow Rd|
JOB OBJECTIVE: Manage interrelated Custom projects and initiatives in support of Custom Operations strategy.
- Managing custom product time-lines throughout multiple Production groups to ensure on-time delivery to customer.
- Liaison and advocate for Promega branch locations. Create tools necessary for branch locations to be successful. Monitor sales as a way to determine success of tools implemented.
- Data mining internal software to develop COGS or other information necessary for custom business procurement or custom product manufacture.
- Develops custom product options for leaders on best methods/processes and identifies potential obstacles/resource bottlenecks and provides possible solutions.
- Using internal software programs to set-up new part numbers/sku’s for new custom products.
- Interact as needed with Marketing, QA, R&D and Sales personnel to identify customer requirements and evaluate viable technical solutions.
- Utilize project management skills to champion and manage the execution of activities in order to deliver products that meet customer requirements.
- Managing and correcting issues that arise related to Custom products across multiple departments.
- Manage a group of interrelated opportunities. Analyze the opportunities for common characteristics or issues and then develop tools and/or processes to improve efficiencies and enhance the customer’s experience.
- Develop and utilize tools to report and communicate on the status of opportunities against growth targets.
- Manage internal and external interactions and work directly with the Custom Order department to ensure custom/co-development projects finish on-time.
- Interact with internal and external customers, either in person or via conference call, to ensure customer’s expectations are met or exceeded. Must have proven outstanding communication skills.
- Write, review and revise, as necessary, documentation to support the creation and maintenance of custom products as prescribed by the Promega Corporation Quality System.
- Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
- Attend relevant scientific meetings, manufacturing technology meetings and technical seminars.
- Participate in group meetings and projects.
- Assist in the execution of specific projects as required and assigned.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Genetics, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology). Degree and 6+ years of experience as reflected in a proven record of accomplishment in the Essential Duties of this position are used to determine qualification for Program Manager, Custom Products.
- Can demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to solve complex problems.
- Proven record of experimental design and problem solving in area of responsibility.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills; able to effectively work on several projects and/or products. Able to work in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience with molecular biology, general microbiology or cell biology techniques.
- Experience with computers or a willingness to learn so as to track inventory and to use programs applicable to this work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret and communicate scientific results and to interact productively with scientists in the team.
- Successful experience in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Formal Project Management training.
- International experience, especially working with overseas team members.
- Ability to travel internationally as required (less than 10%).
- Experience in Manufacturing, R&D or QA.
- Experience with ERP systems such as SAP.
- Experience or familiarity with ISO 9000 or cGMPs.
- Proven ability to set goals, implement project plans, and monitor progress.
- Ability to use computers in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use standard laboratory protective equipment (e.g. goggles, lab coat, protective gloves).
- Ability to lift 50 lb. occasionally.