|Date Posted||September 23, 2020|
|Address||2800 Woods Hollow Rd|
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide cross functional project leadership to ensure projects achieve desired outcomes from product definition through product commercialization. Ensure timely development of products through successful implementation of industry best practices and department specific approaches. The project manager will lead teams to define and achieve the project deliverables on time and within budget while driving accountability within self and others.
1. General Project Management - Manage cross-functional project teams across internal sites to implement strategic or tactical initiatives. Create project charters, work plans, schedules, budgets, issue logs, and risk management plans. Lead/guide teams to complete project objectives in a timely and efficient manner. Define and manage roles, responsibilities, and deliverables of project team members. Define resource plans to assure adequate staffing for successful delivery of project goals. Perform project closure and lead post project reviews.
2. Project Initiation– Lead teams in identifying customer requirements, business need/case, stakeholders, resource need/roles, key project milestones, assumptions, constraints, and defining project scope as inputs for the Project Charter.
3. Project Effectiveness – Develop, implement, and maintain methods for measuring project effectiveness. Use project metrics to track and communicate project status. Define and Implement recovery plans as required to maintain progress toward project goals.
4. Communication – Prepare presentations of findings, recommendations, specifications in reports and oral presentations. Provide regular updates of project status to project sponsors and stakeholders. Keeps supervisor and core team well informed on work issues. May also provide communication of issues to mid-level management sponsors and stakeholders.
5. Conflict Resolution- Resolve conflict in a constructive manner and work around obstacles to ensure project success.
6. Decision Making – Effectively determine and implement best methods to facilitate resolution and drive decisions across project teams, sponsors, functional managers, and upper management.
7. Problem solving and root cause analysis - Effectively evaluate problems and lead the team in identifying root cause bringing about resolution of issues.
8. Time Management – Manage several projects simultaneously while maintaining priorities and addressing changing needs.
9. Teambuilding – Build and maintain the Promega project team for the long term. Maintain a positive culture that builds teamwork and encourages transparency with open communication.
10. Documentation - Follow existing Promega Corporation Quality System policies for data recording and record keeping. Create, complete, and maintain department and function specific documentation.
11. Follow all applicable company safety policies.
12. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
2. Provide updates, share best practices at departmental/ interdepartmental meetings.
1. Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline.
2. 3-7 years of experience leading moderate to complex projects including projects involving multiple sites as a Project Manager. For this position seeking an individual with medical device experience.
3. Demonstrated ability in directly utilizing project management software (e.g. Microsoft Project, Lean, Agile, Waterfall, PMBOK).
1. Completed training through an accredited program -OR- Actively pursuing PMP certification.
1. Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally.
2. Ability to operate a computer.