|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||June 3, 2020|
|Address||505 S Rosa Rd|
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Project Manager II, Cell Biology, at Thermo Fisher Scientific is responsible for supporting both the Select Screen Services along with Custom Services in Cell Biology. The successful candidate will be an advocate for our customers, create a world class customer experience, and will drive high quality execution of customer projects. The successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with their cross functional partners including Sales, Operations, R&D and Product Management. The successful candidate must be able to master strictly defined processes. The Project Manger II, Cell Biology reports to the Sr. Manager of Project Management within the Cell Biology Business unit which is part of the Biosciences division (BID).
What will you do?
- Manages custom service projects within Cell Biology in collaboration with Operations and/or R&D to execute on and deliver results to the customer.
- Support the Select Screen Service in close partnership with operations and with colleagues on the PMO team
- Monitor project progress through regular communication with production teams, tracking forecast revenue and key performance indicators.
- Creates quotes, manages orders, responsible for invoicing and shipment of deliverables
- Leads and facilitates customer teleconferences, and provides timely customer reports and updates.
- Support and participate in process improvement projects.
How will you get here?
- BA/BS in Life Sciences
- 2-3 years industry experience in Project Management roles or R&D/Operations managing moderately complex projects.
- Requires strong organizational, planning, verbal, written and numerical skills with the ability to analyze and define solutions and manage multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Requires strong and effective communication skills and possess the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
- Ability to travel on an occasional basis.
This position has not been approved to provide relocation assistance