|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 5, 2021|
|Address||505 S ROSA RD|
We are seeking talented, driven, and experienced protein production scientists to join our dynamic team and contribute to the production and development of novel proteins and molecular biology reagents. In this position you will be responsible for completing the production of a wide variety of molecular biology proteins, from cell break through to final QC, participate in team-driven purification process development and improvement projects, and be expected to participate in an inquisitive scientific environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Purify a variety of molecular biology enzymes and binding proteins to support our growing product lines.
- Develop scalable and robust purification processes for key enzymes that are used in company’s proprietary platforms.
- Complete assays measuring key enzymatic activities, as well as standard protein characterization assays.
- Work as part of a scientific team and participate in team meetings and initiatives.
- Execute inventory control of reagents, chemicals, and supplies using proper labeling and computerized systems.
- Maintain general lab organization of lab supplies, equipment and reagents.
- Other duties that may be determined by management.
REQUIREMENTS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in biochemistry, protein biochemistry, biochemical engineering, or related field
- 2 or more years of industry experience in protein purification or related biochemistry areas.
- Extensive hands-on experience in purification at various industrial scales using both non-automated methods and automated FPLC systems (e.g. the AKTA platform), as well as homogenization, batch purification, precipitation, dialysis, and tangential flow filtration.
- Thorough knowledge of the theory of protein purification, including the basis of chromatography and other downstream techniques.
- Experience in a purification process development including resin and condition screening.
- Experience with methods for the physical and biochemical characterization of protein, such as SDS PAGE, protein assays, activity assays, mass spectroscopy, NanoDrop, and immunoblotting.
- High level of technical proficiency, initiative, independent thought, and collaborative ability.
- Excellent laboratory, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Experience with DNA-free protein purification.
- Bacterial fermentation at the bench or pilot scale.