|Date Posted||December 8, 2020|
|Address||6000 N Teutonia Ave|
Evaluate products according to established protocols, to accurately interpret results and to prepare complete and legible records, provide technical support to others and perform operations in support of the group and department, and to maintain equipment.
- Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations. Ensure quality throughout the process
- Perform routine assays, processes, and/or unit operations
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal)
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of the supervisor
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines
- Ensure all applicable logbooks have been filled out completely as required by current procedures
- Interact with other departments as needed
- Participate as needed in quality audits
- Accurately perform procedures independently
- Compliance with change control procedures, improve processes through the application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or Scientist
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions
- Train personnel and act as a technical consultant as needed. Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates
- Supply information based on experience and knowledge
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
Shift: 2nd shift
- Chemical environment - Performing tasks while wearing personal protective equipment such as a respirator or chemical protective clothing for extended periods.
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching above the shoulder, stooping, kneeling, twisting, crouching or crawling for long periods of time.
- Talking, hearing, tasting, and smelling.
- Lifting and/or moving up to 80 pounds unassisted and pushing and pulling heavy materials to complete assignments.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and adjusting focus.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Physics, Chemical Engineering, or related science
- 1+ years of previous lab experience with analytical methods and/or chemical production
- Knowledge in Chemistry or Biochemistry, Math, and General Science
- Familiar with laboratory instruments and production equipment.
- Knowledge of process techniques and unit operations
- Familiarity with analytical techniques and equipment
- Safe chemical handling methods
- Communication skills, oral and written
- Computer skills
- Mechanical skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Laboratory and analytical skills
- Knowledge of ISO Quality standards