|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||July 3, 2019|
|Address||5399, 2800 Woods Hollow Rd|
JOB OBJECTIVE: The job of the Product Specialist is to provide support to product management in the development, launch, commercialization and maintenance of assigned product line(s). The Product Specialist has ability to manage a product line (<$5M).
New Product Development:
1. Under the direction of a Product Manager or Strategic Portfolio Manager, participates in new product development (NPD) team meetings.
2. Perform research to support new product market assessments, product requirements, voice of customer (VoC), go to market strategies and pricing.
3. Provide tactical support for alpha/beta test programs during NPD
4. Provides tactical support for worldwide product marketing campaigns.
Product Launch and Commercialization:
1. Works with Product Managers and Marketing Services to develop and drive projects and tactics needed for product launch and commercialization, including product images, sales binders, branch communications, and internal communications.
2. Participate and/or present in sales and marketing meetings.
Product Marketing and Life Cycle Management:
1. Tactical support for product/technology marketing plans for new and existing product(s).
2. Assist on gathering of post-launch review metrics, evaluation of product performance in customer’s hands and voice of customer (VoC).
3. Assists product manager in reviewing forecasts for marketing, sales and manufacturing.
4. May manage life cycle product changes or discontinuations.
1. Communicate and collaborate effectively with several levels of co-workers and external contacts. Adapts style and approach to suit different audiences.
2. Builds rapport and gains support/commitment within cross-functional teams.
3. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Help prepare background material and interpret external market trends.
2. May be required to interact with sales and customers to gain input on product concepts or to present technical information on products and portfolios.
3. Provide customer facing presentations or webinars describing technical information on product(s).
1. Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, business or related field.
2. Highly motivated self-starter with strong bias for action result-orientation; tackles tough problems with firm deadlines.
3. Effectively and efficiently prioritizes multiple projects and resources based on an awareness of business goals and priorities in a rapidly advancing market.
4. Good verbal and written communication skills; with ability to convey technical and marketing information.
1. M.S. or Ph.D. in life science with concentrated training in specified area.
2. Experience in life sciences industry related experience and/or equivalent technical knowledge and proficiency.
1. Ability to use computer equipment.
2. Ability to travel 10% of the time.
3. Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.