|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||August 26, 2019|
|Address||1500 Highland Ave|
The QC Specialist will be responsible for running standard assays, shipping and outsourcing functions, writing and updating standard operating procedures (SOPs), reporting quality control specifications (QCSs), and reviewing/verifying the work of teammates. A Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in biology, microbiology or related field.
Well-qualified applicants will have the following preferred experience:
- One to three years of experience working in a laboratory setting under current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) or Good Laboratory Practices (GLP). Undergraduate research experience may be considered.
- Technical and hands-on experience performing or using analytical methods and optimization, including UV-Vis spectroscopy, protein analytical methods, for example, sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE), Western Blot, high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), polymerase chain reaction (PCR), qPCR, ELISA, flow cytometry and cell culture based assays.
- Experience in microbiological methods (microbial isolate identification).
- Demonstrated successful experience coordinating components of projects including reporting team activities, with good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with equipment operation and/or the flexibility and desire to learn operation of new equipment.
- Self-motivated with an enthusiastic, positive attitude, and excellent multi-tasking skills.
- The ability to work effectively both independently and in a fast-paced, client-oriented, team environment.
To find out more and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/502561/quality-control-specialist
Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, information regarding applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality. UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.