|Date Posted||March 10, 2021|
|Address||PO Box 158|
Scientific Protein Laboratories is a biopharmaceutical leader in the development and manufacturing of cGMP-compliant products including pancreatic enzymes and heparin. Lately, SPL has embarked in a new direction of expanding and diversifying its product portfolio and pipeline by actively investing in new technologies and products including both external partnership and internal development effort. We have an immediate opening in Waunakee, WI (Madison area) for a Chemist to join our R&D team.
The R&D Chemist is responsible for performing simple and complex routine chemical analyses. Their work is performed under the cGMP/FDA (Current Good Manufacturing Practice/Food and Drug Administration) guidelines. This role participates in analytical and systems-improvement projects.
• Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to obtain accurate results.
• Properly record all data results on appropriate documents and in electronic files, including immediate communication of problems to management.
• With assistance from management, author and/or execute chemical experiments, analytical method development and method validation efforts as necessary.
• In a timely manner, prepare reagents, document the preparation of those reagents and reorder reagents if necessary.
• Perform routine calibration and preventive maintenance of laboratory equipment, and coordinate with vendors to schedule service and calibrations as needed.
• Write, review and revise SOPs, CAPAs and deviations.
• Review and interpret the work of other analysts.
• Ensure that the work area is maintained in a clean condition and free from clutter. Assist in reporting obstacles that hinder the cleanliness of the laboratory.
• With vendors and analysts perform routine maintenance of laboratory.
Bachelor's degree or above in Chemistry, Biological Sciences, or related discipline preferred. Associate’s degree in a relevant discipline with experience may be substituted for Bachelor’s degree education.
2+ years of experience required. 5+ years of experience preferred.